Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
As a member of the Sourcing Optimization team, this role plays an integral part in enabling NPSG's mission of supporting all Regional Producing Bottlers (RPBs) by maximizing System production efficiencies and market opportunities to strengthen the competitiveness of the Coca-Cola System in the United States. NPSG's mission is fulfilled through governance of (1) Network optimization of production to distribution center sourcing for concentrate, cold-fill products (2) Strategic capital investment and divestment planning; and (3) New product/packaging Sourcing Optimization.
The Supply Chain Consultant is an expert in the areas of network modeling and distribution delivery systems and is responsible for translating network modeling results into financial and business case recommendations to Senior Leadership across RPB's and the NPSG Board. This position will function as the lead project manager for multiple large-scale, complex initiatives. The Supply Chain Consultant will also assume some portfolio and process management responsibilities and will have responsibility for supporting the development of Supply Chain Analysts.
These activities require strong analytical capabilities, extensive network modeling software knowledge, ability to collaborate and manage cross-functional project teams, experience with change management best practices, demonstrated ability to mentor and develop the skillet of others, and effective communication of complex business cases to senior leadership.
Develop Supply Chain business cases in support of both CCNA and RPB supply chain infrastructure/sourcing plans and strategies
- Gather and analyze supply chain data such as forecasts, freight costs, manufacturing costs, capital requirements, and production capacity to develop supply chain models
- Utilize JDA Supply Chain Strategist to determine optimal plant to distribution center sourcing plans for new products and packages
- Leverage insights from optimization results and cross-functional teams to assess capability, capacity, and costs to support manufacturing sourcing changes, distribution to customer initiatives and/or supply chain investments
- Run scenario / sensitivity analyses in order to understand implications of input variability
- Create value chains and IRR models, perform cash flow analysis, and develop business cases for capital investment justification
- Support business cases for governed cold-fill projects
- Must be able to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously and independently
Sourcing Optimization Process Management
- Assist in management of sourcing optimization pipeline
- Lead annual System Optimal Sourcing Analysis and develop Strategic Sourcing Initiatives
- Identify and implement improvements to end to end Sourcing Optimization business case development and approval process
Lead Sourcing Optimization projects through established validation processes with key stakeholders
- Lead project validation discussions and cadences with cross-functional teams to review modeling and financial assumptions and outputs associated with each business case. Represent work of other analysts as/if needed
- Create necessary supporting documents such as RPB specific sourcing files to enable effective project validation discussions with RPBs and CCNA stakeholders (utilizing Tableau, JDA, Excel, PPT)
- Incorporate stakeholder feedback in revised recommendations as needed to finalize business case and gain stakeholder alignment
Create presentations for NPSG and RPB senior management regarding the recommendation of various studies and projects
- Present project based findings and recommendations to NPSG Board and Forum members, Senior Leadership within RPB's / CCNA, Regional Bottler Personnel, and CCNA Supply Chain Leadership
- Track and report progress for implemented projects and workstreams
- Provide workstream and process updates to NPSG Board as needed
- Requires minimum oversight during business case development and with creation of presentation content. Assist analysts as needed.
Support continuous improvement initiatives/projects for Sourcing Optimization and Supply Planning Analytics
- Independently identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Create, update and maintain tools used for modeling and project assessments. This includes support for bi-annual National Sourcing Model refresh and other sourcing optimization tools.
- Identify opportunities to leverage new software or tools that improve process efficiency in the area of network optimization
Train, mentor, and coach Senior Supply Chain Analysts and Co-ops
- Develop and update training materials and on-boarding schedule
- Participate in recruiting process for new Sr Supply Chain Analysts and Co-ops, inclusive of career fair planning, resume screening, and interview process
- Provide daily coaching on projects to Senior Supply Chain Analysts and Co-ops
- Create semester goals for Co-op student and conduct end of semester performance review
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in the areas of Engineering, Finance, Business, Supply Chain, or Logistics
- 3 to 5 years work in experience in the areas of Finance, Distribution Network Analysis, Manufacturing, Production Network Optimization, Transportation, Demand Planning, or other areas related to Supply Chain
- Understanding of network optimization principles, linear programming, and relational databases
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.