Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.Lead Shopper Marketing Program Strategy, Development and Execution:
Function Specific Activities:
Lead Shopper Marketing Program Strategy and Execution:
- Provide the most authentic, purposeful brand and co-branded experiences within a fluid, cohesive ecosystem to recruit the next generation
- Organically and seamlessly engage the shopper in their ecosystem to influence destination of choice, conversion and brand love for both Coca-Cola and 7-Eleven.
- Leverage disruptive and creative thinking to develop multi-dimensional tailored marketing programs (and custom innovation where applicable) to drive category growth agenda and lend brand credibility where applicable.
- Advance shopper marketing leadership capabilities through best in class messaging, targeted media plans, product/packaging innovation, emerging digital technologies and social connections to our brands
- Partner with National Sales Lead to sell-in sales and marketing plan resulting in increased traffic, conversion, loyalty, basket value and positive system ROI.
Transform Insights into Relevant, Sales Driving Solutions:
- Synthesize emerging trends and insights to identify shopper platforms/initiatives to support 7-Eleven's business unit growth strategies.
- Lead all brief and creative development for custom and proprietary studies (i.e.: THIRST, CrowdTap), as well as program specific creative
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5 years' experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Experience working on a customer team and directly with a retail customer
- Experience in developing Shopper Marketing Programs [i.e.: brief development, agency management]
- Strong executional background, such as a creative activation, or similar role
- Planning experience; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Application of insights to action
- Creative mindset and passion for digital marketing, eCommerce, consumer packaged goods.
- Collaborating with brand/category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing a wide variety of stakeholders, particularly in situations where Commercial leadership may have accountability for doing the work but may not have control over all decisions
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills - must be able to effectively communicate & build relationships at all organizational levels. [includes inspiring others to adopt ideas/follow strategies]
- Propensity for creative problem-solving and opportunity identification
- At least 7 years' experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Extensive Marketing and Sales Experience, particularly in area of Shopper Marketing
- Brand management experience, or deep understanding of how to build brand equity
- Experience building and monitoring annual business plans
- Proven track record of leading cross functional teams
- Demonstrated reputation for customer engagement with ability to drive mutual business results
- Experience/comfort establishing external relationships with other CPG companies
Job Requirements:Develops short and long-term shopper marketing plans to support portfolio and brand growth targets
Agency Management [brief development, briefings, agency project management/deliverables, feedback]
Works with Category Advisory Team in building insights and stories to sell-in SM strategies and plans
Leads development and implementation of shopper marketing programs for assigned business
Create and leverage a senior marketing level dialogue with Customer's Marketing or Strategy
Lead the development of annual plans and strategies that create mutual brand value and positive business results
Leads annual innovation strategy for assigned business
Networks with other Senior Shopper Marketing Managers sharing best practices to optimize resources
Collaborate with brand/category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing a wide variety of stakeholders, particularly in situations where Commercial leadership may have accountability for doing the work but may not have control over all decisions
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.