Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The primary role of the Electrical & Mechanical Technician (E&M) is to provide competent and effective electrical and mechanical maintenance support to Plant operations. The E&M must identify, troubleshoot and repair production equipment and processes with electrical and/or mechanical problems. They must be able to run tests, isolate problems, and perform the necessary tasks to ensure equipment reliability is maintained. They must be able to perform preventive maintenance as prescribed by PM Work Orders.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical and mechanical issues of industrial equipment and processes.
- Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical systems to include disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and startup.
- Repairs and maintains the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
- Repairs and replaces broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Disassembles machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, including schematics, P&ID, and Control Panel Designs.
- Install, test and repair electrical components and wiring systems.
- Communicate with management, engineers, mechanics, and equipment operators to advise them if there are any potential electrical hazards.
- Execute the maintenance work schedule as provided by his/her supervisor.
- Ensure the safety, quality and food safety needs are given a top priority in Operations support and work execution.
- Update the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) as necessary to maintain accurate plant asset historical records.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution of the work schedule and operational support. Ensure the shop is maintained in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Performs other tasks and special assignments as requested by management.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Requires moderate to heavy lifting and carrying; up to 60 pounds.
- Requires walking, standing, sitting, squatting, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, twisting, and turning
- Must be able to use hands with fine motor skills in the use of industry specific tools
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED; Technical School a plus
- Ability to do the work with minimal supervision.
- Maintenance background, which includes hydraulics, controls, electrical, machine tools and pneumatics.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Able to read one-line diagrams, P&ID's, blueprints and schematics.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations.
- Skill in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical problems on production equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of technical data, such as schematics, one-line diagrams.
- Execution of work orders on the schedule(s) and their completion within the specified time frame.
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Perform Breakdown Analysis (BDAs) to identify root cause of unplanned downtime
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Kaizen events
Desired Job Requirements
- Electricians license
- Associates in an Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology
- PLC experience is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of the operational capabilities and limitations of the equipment.
- Knowledge of regulations, procedures, and policies related to records maintenance and documentation.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.