Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
- Identify, articulate, and commercialize key category growth ideas and opportunities to maximize our retailers' category growth potential while creating value for the Coca-Cola Company
- This role develops, recommends and facilitates the sell-in of customer specific space merchandising tactics in alignment of channel direction by proactively recommending category growth opportunities and points of inspiration with customers to increase availability of our products at retail.
- Create and maintain partnership with Sales Leads to become indispensable category partners with our Retail customers
- Recognize retail trends and steward back to the internal and external clients, to influence strategy and development of the category initiatives based on key growth trends
- Deliver impartial and objective total store and beverage solutions for the retailer by providing differentiated, timely, relevant, and actionable insights
- Provide leadership to a team of experts (within the customer team) across cross-functional teams to create dialogue via fact-based insights and actionable business analytics
- Prepare and make presentations including, competitive review, assortment, and category reviews
- Lead the delivery of space strategy plans & proposed action to the customer.
- Develop schematics in alignment with company's merchandising standards, channel direction and customer's goals and objectives.
- Lead dialogue with the customer on strategic placement of company's products and confident to discuss recommended schematics and beverage performance, category growth opportunities and points of availability.
- Cultivate relationships within retailer's merchandising team and throughout the broader organization
- Utilize and understand Nielsen, IRI, shopper card, and internal proprietary data and systems to generate actionable insights that will help Coca-Cola drive category insights with retailer partners
Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred
- 2+ Years in CPG Industry
- 3+ Years in CPG Industry
- Proficiency in at least one of the following areas: Category / Space Management, Shopper Insights
- Analytical capability
- Working knowledge of syndicated data (e.g., Nielsen)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Proven oral and written communication, story-telling, and influencing skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and assignments
- Space management tools exposure/experience
- Ability to link category leadership strategies to customer strategies
Years of Experience:1-2 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.