Position Overview:This position is accountable for:
• Supporting the development of the annual and long term strategy of the business unit including vision, strategic framework, and growth algorithm.
• Developing evidence based insights for use across the system and tools to track performance across CCL.
• Leading the evolution of innovation as a sustainable capability and a strong growth engine
• Driving game changing strategic projects to accelerate growth.
• Providing systemic thinking and building value added business cases that allows BU to better understand context, risks and opportunities and alternative strategic approaches (i.e., competitive analysis, comprehensive volume R&O, industry analysis, etc.)
• Leading the evolution of the Coca-Cola Canada system routines and processes to become a high performing organization.
Function Specific Activities:
I-Support the development of the long term strategy of the business unit including vision, strategic framework, long term growth model and related strategies
- Monitors on behalf of the system the Canada LT and 2020 agenda and track performance.
- Lead the development of the 3 year and annual business plan of the BU.
- Identify business opportunities and potential strategies based on current situation, market context, competitive assessments and market trends
- Diagnose competitive advantages (both current & desired) to assess capabilities/new business models needed
- Identify potential issues & barriers to capture the value of strategies and develop alternative strategic approaches to address them
- Lead build-up industry projections and develop 3 year volume and value share commitments
- Design and roll-out process and ensure optimal implementation.
- Prepare long term strategy BP document for NA and TCCC discussion
- Design and ensure implementation of plan to roll-out vision, growth model and strategic framework to entire organization
- Support Canada commercial, customer, franchise and bottler field teams with world class insights to enhance commercial execution in the market (including gain net outlet quality presence, SOVI, OOS improvements, display, etc) for our brands in the market
II- Lead development of annual Business Planning cycle to ensure both, strategic and quantitative consistency with long term growth model
- Define annual BP process, timelines and coordinate all different system constituencies via air traffic control routines
- Actively participate in the build-up of segments annual plans by providing strategic guidance and ensuring that Canada growth agenda and required initiatives are embraced by the various parties.
- Coordinate the construction of annual revenues (volume, price, mix), industry projections and share commitments for Canada
- Lead development of annual business plan presentation to NA (October)
III- Drive game changing strategic projects/initiatives (ie, M&A, new business models, etc) to accelerate growth
- Identify and managed M&A, and new business opportunities
- Development and Leadership of Canada RCG strategic plan
IV- Lead the evolution of innovation as a sustainable capability and a strong growth engine
- Ensure innovation pipeline responds to business unit growth needs by periodically assessing pipeline potential vs. strategy. Design plans to close gaps.
- Beef-up the innovation capability in the BU across four components: leadership, processes and routines, people and skills and culture
- Monitor innovation performance and lead to efforts to adjust based on learnings.
V- Provide systemic thinking and build value added business cases that allows BU to better understand context, risks and opportunities and alternative strategic approaches (i.e., competitive analysis, industry analysis, etc.)
- Lead creation of multi variable analytic models to better understand impact of different internal and external components to business growth
- Continuously develop robust business cases to better understand opportunities & risks, given evolving context and diversity in various Canada markets
- Identify competitor's strategic position and sources of profit to further support operations & functional areas in understanding required adjustment to strategies
VI-Lead the evolution of the Coca-Cola system routines and processes to become a high performing organization
- Design and implement internal senior management routines for increased effectiveness (tying strategy to resource allocation to results)
- Support senior leadership with the development of key business presentations/documents for Canada business review and plans presentation.
VII-Craft the evolution of the K&I area to provide superior knowledge and actionable insights that enables our system competitive advantage
- Continuously upgrade quality of insights and approaches that allow for better decision making
- Ensure quality and effectiveness of tracking of consumer, shopper, channel and macro indicators and corresponding analytics.
- Support ad-hoc analysis/projects related to product launches, MTC initiatives, etc. through key insights and build-up of business cases.
- Lead the new K&I capabilities (i.e. Trends, Digital research) according to business needs
- Manage research budget effectiveness and efficiencies generating productivity goals
Master Degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 10/12 years with relevant experience in strategic planning and/or business consulting and broad knowledge of FMCG/retail organizations (M&A experience is valuable)
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration, or related field
- MBA preferred
- Fluent in English and French is an asset
- 10/15% international travel mostly within NA
- Setting vision and strategy, systemic thinking
- Imports and exports good ideas; thinking out of the box
- Balances short term and long term priorities
- Leading through change, inspiring others
- Influencing the organization
- Superior communication skills
- Building organizational capability
- Strong analytical skills with multivariable analysis (economy, politics, consumer, costumer, competition, etc)
- Full knowledge of strategy development frameworks, processes and tools
- Strong financial skills (full understanding of P&L, balance sheet, EVA)
- Knowledge of M&A processes (from assessing targets to fully develop acquisition strategy) and competitive intelligence
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our KO HR team by calling 1-877-677-6774.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.