Position Overview:A career at Coca-Cola South Pacific is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It's more than working for the global beverage leader; it's an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts the world. From our product portfolio to the planet itself, we offer you not only the chance to build a successful career -- we offer you an opportunity to make a difference in the world.
As a global icon and keeper of the world's most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of Coca-Cola South Pacific.
The Strategy and Insights Team is a key function responsible for establishing and informing the strategic direction of The Coca-Cola Company in South Pacific.
A critical part of the K&I function is to support CCSP strategy and business planning, optimization of all core brand, channel and customer activity as well as to help seek out and evaluate new opportunities for future BU growth (new functions, white space products, M&A).
Through a blend of art and science, this role synthesises internal & external information including qualitative, quantitative - primary and secondary research. The role leverages this information to generate insights that optimise decision making across all parts of the business. Success in the role relies on engagement with key stakeholders - the ‘owners' of the company's most pressing strategic challenges.
Function Specific Activities:
Influencing broader Business strategy through in depth understanding the NZ market including consumers/shoppers/customers and competitors
- This role works closely with and provides support to the NZ Leadership team including Marketing and Customer/Commercial leads.
- Specific areas of strategic focus for this role includes beverage landscape reviews / opportunity mapping / category headwinds and macro trends. Within the category/customer and commercial space this role will need to provide support in the areas of shopper research, category and channel strategy as well as more detailed support moving into execution e.g. pack/price research, in-market trials.
- This role also manages the ongoing tracking of brand and category health performance in NZ (CATA/CORA) via an ongoing tracking study (BGS) - responsible for feeding insights from this study into the relevant teams and decision makers across the year.
Insights lead for the Coca-Cola South Pacific Stills teams including:
- Maintenance of fact-based knowledge of categories, brands, consumers, competition, shoppers, market via superior data knowledge and management.
- Identification of strategic issues within the business (opportunity identification, resolving business challenges, address changing consumer/shopper environment)
- Conducting cross-source analysis of categories/brands and build stories to provide strategic recommendations to both internal stakeholders (CCA Category, Brand teams) and external stakeholders (e.g. Woolworths/Coles)
- Manage ad- hoc projects designed to address broader business opportunities across the entire marketing mix including NPD, core pack and product optimization, communications development including advertising idea development, pre-testing and performance tracking.
- Assist the CCSP brand team in complex problem solving leading into Deep Dive analysis, EBP (1-2 year plans) and LRP (3-5 year plans).
Full responsibility for the quality, budget and supplier relationships pertaining to the above
- Engage the best South Pacific suppliers for all ad hoc and ongoing research. Manage key supplier relationships ensuring ongoing improvement of service levels + mutually beneficial relationships.
- Provoke discussion and challenge briefs to ensure highest quality thinking on research approaches and most productive use of funds.
- Ensure system buy in and engagement on all research projects
- Test and adopt new Insights methodologies/approaches that exhibit new to TCCC or new to world insights thinking.
- Implement continuous improvement of global led tools including continuous tracking (BGS), Advertising pre-testing (LINK), Sensory testing and NPD optimization (4Caster).
- Balances Immediate & Long-Term Priorities - Meets critical objectives while considering the impact of those activities on longer-term goals. Translates strategic direction into personal actions/plans.
- Delivers Results - takes accountability, ensuring productive, efficient execution against priorities. Sets ambitious yet realistic goals and removes obstacles to ensure high quality results.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas - Shares and adopts ideas in and outside the Company. Leverages insights to inform actions or gain support. Embraces change.
- Sets a Winning Example - Demonstrates integrity, including placing Company interests ahead of personal agendas. Makes sound decisions and follows-through on them. Demonstrates passion for the Company and its products
- Outstanding insights skills - across analytical and quantitative through to qualitative and conceptual mapping
- Ability to collate complex information, identify patterns and map opportunities.
- Ability to understand a problem, structure the analysis needed to solve it and come up with innovative and insightful solutions and recommendations
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Teamwork and collaborative mindset
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.