Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
As the Principal Engineer this role will have responsibility for execution of an infrastructure plan, closing the gaps between current capabilities and future requirements by way of investment. This effort will occur across a variety of areas including: adding capability and capacity to support top line growth, including the commercialization of new products and packages; improvements in efficiency and effectiveness to provide productivity improvements; reduction in water and energy consumption to facilitate our sustainability goals; implementation and utilization of new technologies to support our demand driven journey and stewardship of our assets to ensure continuous operation of our system.
Function Specific Activities:
LOCATION: This position can sit anywhere in the Western Region of the U.S. and will require up to 70% travel.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for solving a variety of complex engineering problems; assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions; ensures products, equipment and materials are designed and developed to the highest standard; establishes design constraints; collaborates with management to define technical needs. Individual contributor who guides others in resolving complex issues in specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures; works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- The Principal Engineer will work closely with the Region Engineering team and Supply Chain Leadership supporting company owned and co-man owned locations, process engineering, packaging and product commercialization, Environmental Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering.
- Asset stewardship programs will cover building infrastructure replacement and maintenance covering areas including but not limited to roofs, HVAC, lighting, paving and dock doors and levelers. Machinery and equipment responsibilities will span all areas of manufacturing, including but not limited to: Warehouse automation, beverage processing, packaging equipment, refrigeration, water treatment and various support systems.
- The purpose of the role is to provide best in class solutions that support the region to best-in-class, capabilities. This is achieved by focusing on process, people and service. The focus is on ensuring consistent professional execution of projects by integrating standard processes and leveraging skill-sets in project management and communication.
- A key element is enabling manufacturing operations by providing service oriented solutions. The Principal Engineer will need to promote collaboration with other groups, specifically, Supply Chain Planning and Strategy to provide input in the execution of the long-term capital plans; Operational Excellence to enable new Lean processes; and Procurement to manage equipment suppliers. This role will also assert leadership and direction setting for certain cross-functional initiatives and provide technical expertise and leadership for operations.
- The position is responsible for ensuring effective capital program management, which is essential to the security and quality of product supply and the generation of value through effective investment. In addition to capital and executional requirements, the role will be responsible for improving the reliability of the manufacturing operations through data driven analytics and identifying/developing technical solutions.
- Align and Prioritize projects with key business stakeholders and region leadership. Supports a regular review of the stakeholder analysis to identify and segment key stakeholders, understand their needs, and identify communication/interaction/ routines
- Support regular review of the stakeholder analysis to identify and segment key stakeholders, understand their needs, and identify communication/interaction routines
- Organization Impact/Influence: Interface directly with senior Company leadership, Region Leader, Engineering & Supply Chain leadership team, R&D plant managers, production managers and other stakeholders. Strong interface with quality, environment, risk management and legal departments at corporate level. Deal with contractors and suppliers at senior level; up to President / CEO as necessary.
- Experience working effectively with teams outside formal lines of authority to accomplish goals
- Success being measured by budget and schedule as well as performance of the investment overall in meeting the Company's requirements and objectives
- Sources best in class technology to support efficiency and optimization drive improvements in equipment capability, asset utilization, environmental performance, safety and loss prevention for the company as a whole
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP
- Achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills, aligning to the region OGSIM
- Establish objectives for each member of a project team to clarify expectations and the relationship of his or her work to that of others on the team.
- Drive employee engagement and organizational health through a culture of accountability, being team driven and customer focused with operational excellence.
- Engineering Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; MBA or equivalent preferred
Related Work Experience:
- 7 - 10 years of related experience
- In-depth experience in Engineering CPG/Food & Beverage manufacturing engineering experience highly preferred.
- Speaking/Presenting - Clearly articulate ideas, opinions, feelings and information in technical presentations and speeches so that the intended purpose is achieved and the needs of the audience are met.
- Collaborating - Work effectively with others to achieve positive results
- Thinking Analytically - Summarize information concisely and clearly identify key elements, patterns, results, or relationships. Utilizing data to draw conclusions and make fact based decisions.
- Thinking Creatively -Generate innovative “out of the box” approaches and improved solutions that help create incremental gains in manufacturing results.
- Prioritizing -Coordinate and organize resources and people in efficient and effective ways to accomplish larger strategies and goals.
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.