Position Overview:This Business Process Leadership (BPL) Lead role for Global Compensation will report to the Manager, Global Compensation BPL in Associate Services. The focus of this role will be aimed at implementing global strategy, driving effective governance and controls and ensuring execution of key global initiatives related to Global Compensation. This role will have specific emphasis on the implementation of process improvements and the reconfiguration of Workday to support the new Comp 2.0 design.
The successful candidate will possess critical skills in the areas of project management, process improvement and translation of business objectives into system configuration requirements with technical depth in global compensation operations.
The Compensation BPL Lead delivers the Compensation team's systems implementations and process improvement opportunities to deliver a great experience to associates, managers and HR. The role transfers knowledge and processes back into the operations team for successful execution of change.
Function Specific Activities:
- Responsible for executing strategy, and governance of key initiatives for global compensation.
- Work with corporate and regional teams to translate business process strategy and help prioritize initiatives.
- Understand and provide input into impact of process and systems improvements balancing complexities from both an end-user and compensation operations perspective.
- Build detailed project plans; implement program and project management standards, routines and tools.
Lead projects implementing global initiatives with specific emphasis on systems and processes supporting the new compensation design.
- Utilize effective project management techniques to deliver on-time and accurate projects and initiatives.
- Develop process improvements to ensure efficient and accurate annual cycle processes and other on-going comp processes in Workday and other supporting systems.
- Partner with Market Pay, Oracle, Merrill Lynch, Ulti-Pro and Workday resources to implement systems/changes supporting the new comp design
- Research (internal and external) best practices and leading technologies that can be used to drive productivity and associate experience. Define, document and communicate when and how local geographies can adjust processes to comply with regulatory needs.
- Participate in formal process to identify high-impact, functional improvement initiatives; collect best practices and ideas from key stakeholders and work with Global Compensation COE, Regional Total Rewards Directors and My Rewards leadership to prioritize the initiatives.
Responsible for managing business process leadership governance routines for annual global compensation processes
- Coordinate and ensure routines are in place to review relevant metrics, requirements, reports and controls that ensure service delivery and other objectives are met.
- Produce relevant metrics, reports and controls that ensure service delivery and other objectives are met.
- Produce key metrics to determine potential process defects or issues ahead of time and complete root cause analysis to put mitigation plan in place.
- Execute communication, training and change plans with delivery center stakeholders and other impacted parties
- create and maintain end to end process playbooks that comprehensively describe the process, metrics, risks and other related items.
- Apply documentation framework including tools, and standard templates needed to complete playbooks (based on guidance from BPL council).
- Document and maintain compensation processes in accordance with appropriate methodologies towards driving global standards, processes, metrics and routines.
- Actively share system and process knowledge with appropriate stakeholders and provide input to related governance as necessary.
- Work with Total Rewards directors/managers and My Rewards Compensation Director to identify and execute process improvement opportunities balancing both end-user and operations perspectives to drive overall value.
- Provide consultative subject matter expertise in process improvement and project management for compensation and global HR related projects - from minimal, one-time involvement to large initiatives.
- Needs to be able to interact with associates and leaders from multiple cultures globally and be able to effectively engage, communicate and train associates across various cultures and global locations.
- Manage execution of external suppliers that provide compensation services
- Communicate effectively with Corporate and SBP leaders and support them in driving adoption of change within the clients in both Business Units and Corporate Functions.
- Customer Relationship - Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer.
- Program Management - Ability to provide oversight and management of multiple initiatives.
- Project Management - Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria), develop and manage project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risks and develop contingency plans.
- Strong data and analytical skills and capabilities. Ability to leverage data and analytical capabilities to create key decision support tools (executive presentations, business cases, white papers).
- Proven ability to integrate new systems, tools and technologies including social networking and mobile tools;
- Deep understanding of processes and systems related to Compensation
- Experience in business process leadership; driving process improvement.
- Planning and analysis, understanding detailed work analysis, business processes, stakeholders, financial business cases, culture and business development.
- Balancing immediate and short term needs and delivering results.
- Risk and mitigation planning.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity as well as lead change.
- Strong recent and relevant experience with industry tools/technologies and trends and passion to remain updated on an ongoing basis.
- Capability to manage integration of several different internal and external IT platforms, and systems.
- Strong writing, communication and content capabilities.
- Ability to work in a complex environment, with multiple decision makers
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and apply complex concepts.
- Ability to lead a diverse and virtual team
- Experience in designing, implementing and sustaining multi-geography governance models
- Decision Making
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Program Management
- Data Analysis
- Process Improvement
- DMAIC Methodology
Related Work Experience
- Six Sigma experience and/or training preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Compensation process management - with a minimum of 3 years in a role with consulting/influencing.
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.