Position Overview:Provide thought leadership, and develop strategies, architectures, systems, processes and tools to step-change the Connections Planning in service of delivering against business goals. Lead the development of the connections strategy that is fully integrated with Liquid Ideas across Owned/Earned/Shared/ Paid connections to deliver brand objectives and derive greater impact from Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) efforts. Ensure that the Company receives the best media services available and while maximizing the return on media investments, providing efficiencies by creating productivity.
Function Specific Activities:
Leads and manages the process of annual media/communication planning. Directs regular reviews and leverages agency resources appropriately for delivery of the most effective strategies and plans for each brand. Ensures the most effective communication mix.
- Ensure the regional strategies and plans are consistent with Business Unit Marketing and Group deliverables and business objectives.
- Lead the proper IMC strategies developed in line with the Company's liquid and linked approach.
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of connection strategies based on brand objectives.
Delivering long-term sustainable competitive advantage at lowest possible costs (annual agreements with channels); benchmarking to measure competitive advantage on an on-going basis; and developing strong relationships with key media suppliers and using company and agency resources to achieve buying objectives.
- Direct the purchase and implementation of strategically aligned media opportunities including strategic development, negotiation and implementation management.
- Set the annual connection objectives; develop media buying and planning strategies; manage the media negotiation process.
- Manage and track media budget in the most effective and efficient way.
- Manage the annual media, i-marketing budgets and the budget splits.
- Direct, control and track media investment, media payments.
- Ensure execution as per the plan and within the agreed budget and media parameters
- Ensure timely monthly media planning and buying
- Verify third party media tracking and reporting
- Lead Company and BU reporting for media and DME
Research & Analysis:
Active participation in matters relating to industry standard audience measurement research. Identify areas where the portfolio can benefit from proprietary research and propose plans and funding to deliver these researches.
- Initiates and impacts on media related research with TCCC K&I Team.
- Make sure that media monitoring and diary panel researches are analyzed by the media agency and their results are reflected in the brand media plans.
- Proactively search, create and find new and better ways to communicate with the consumers, utilizing communication technologies and vehicles in conjunction with Regions.
- Search for the events and trends that directly impact and influence consumer behavior and media habits.
Capability & Training:
Using corporate knowledge to counsel brands on key issues and questions. Conduct regular training to ensure brands are familiar with relevant company learning and guidelines pertaining to media.
- Provide media training, competitive intelligence and market intelligence to increase the level of media expertise within the Region.
- Leads capability building in the agencies.
Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration:
- Define and enforce smooth & efficient operation of internal and external processes pertaining to media management.
- Lead the whole IMC process between the agencies and brand teams. Plays a critical role during development and implementation process.
- Set and lead the infrastructure of social media community management for the Region with the involvement of PAC, legal and brand managers.
- Lead the Connections Process and Implementation and portfolio of brands communications management
- Support and impact on creative development process during IMC's. Involve and support advertising process (creative briefing and special projects implementation)
- Sets stretch KPIs for brand's connections track during and after the campaigns.
- Manage the message management process to ensure alignment on communication plans across the system.
Development of key contacts across the industry to be in a position to influence events to TCCC's advantage.
- Builds strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in media industry. Serves as the Company's contact with the media industry, creating a media brand leverage incremental value from this for the Region.
- Establishes business relations with other countries/ divisions marketing community to share knowledge, expertise and drive efficiency.
Agency Management & Evaluation:
- Advise on appropriate management of agency resources to deliver the objectives in each area of buying, planning, scheduling, reporting and administration
- Manage agency performance and ensure the correct staffing levels at agencies, negotiating fair compensation package for media and creative agencies leading the media agency evaluation process and set the base and track creative agency evaluation process.
- Lead the implementation of the new global agency policies for all type of agencies.
- Direct media agency and manage day-to-day interaction between the Company and the agencies. Ensures timely payment for the media agency in collaboration with OMMs.
- Lead media agency assignments and agreement for connection and creative agencies. Manage to finalize the annual agency agreement, filling up the objectives and then annual evaluation linked to bonus incentives (Media + Digital and Creative agencies)
- Business Unit Departments: Marketing, Finance
- Brand Teams : Align on the details of strategies/programs per country
- Finance, PAC, Legal, MISP: Working closely with the mentioned area specialists on the planning & development of the marketing plans & daily issues
- Creative agencies: Managing the agencies in development and execution/adaptation processes for the marketing programs.
- Media agencies: Negotiation & finalization of the media deals - yearly contracts. In addition, managing them for cost effective and targeted media planning. Ensures a proper IMC process between the agencies.
- Research agencies: Ensuring cost effective, high quality, well-structured continuous and ad-hoc research.
- Media suppliers: Building strong relationship and be the key and critical partner in media industry to create effective and efficient projects for the brands in the portfolio.
Work requires the ability to analyses conceptual information, identification and resolution of complex strategic and operational problems requiring creativity to develop innovative solutions and work effectively in multi-functional teams.
Work involves the handling of complex organizational tasks. Requires action based on an advanced level of knowledge in a specific functional area - media knowledge and expertise.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING
Media constitutes a significant portion of the brand marketing investment. (%55of total DME)
Meeting brand objectives through the right media strategies and mix is critical
Productivity planning and tracking is one of the most critical values of creating efficiency.
Directly involved with the annual business plan in line with the media process set (i.e. briefing to the agency, de-brief by the media agency, presentation of media strategies, objectives and plans, feedback and alignment with brand teams, preparation and execution of the negotiation strategy documents for the portfolio of brands, negotiation)
Continuously search for innovative solutions and proactively guide business as a trusted adviser towards improved processes.
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS
All TCCC competencies and marketing functional skills are required for the position with a focus on some basic technical skills;
Understanding the consumer / consumer knowledge
• Brand and business health analysis
• Development of innovative and creative marketing/ media plans
• Execute and evaluate consumer based marketing business solutions
• Strategic planning
• Media Processes and tools
• Agency evaluation
• Media Planning/buying
• Advertising processes
• Media research
• Leading through change
• Thinking systemically
• Through knowledge of FMCG marketing principles
• Consumer Knowledge
• Project management skills
• Presenting and Communicating Effectively
• Planning and Organizing
• Demonstrating self-confidence
• Negotiation skills
• Strong Communication and Coordination Skills
• Analytical Thinking
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred: 7-10 years media experience and media knowledge
Travel time 10-15% as required for project and stakeholder management.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.