Position Overview:Senior Marketing Strategist for CKE Restaurants. This role is the primary strategist for Carl's Jr. Restaurants and works in partnership on the CKE account team. The role is based in the customer's headquarters in Nashville.
Function Specific Activities:
- Ownership of Senior level marketing call points CMO/VP Marketing
- Lead total beverage marketing strategy in collaboration with overall customer strategy
- Influence complex customer situations (franchisees)
- Deliver insights (consumer and industry) and apply to customers business
- Construct annual marketing calendar
- Contribute to customer's long term planning process
- Conduct customer marketing stewardship reviews
- Provide customer business and opportunity assessments
- Provide BIC competitive analysis /LOS
- Create persuasive selling stories
- Lead revenue enhancing concept development with customers
- Leverage internal tools and resources to support customer strategy (e.g. via channel, asset and brand )
- SME leadership where needed
- Host key strategic meetings (e.g. KO Lab and associated preparations with presentations, insights, briefing documents, SMEs etc.)
- Fully leverage national marketing initiatives with customers.
- Identify and leverage customer-specific, and channel marketing opportunities through prioritizing and capitalizing on channel, customer, and shopper insights and linking to brand strategy.
Position works closely with CCNA sales counterparts to bring insights and initiatives to the organization:
- Develop and execute channel and customer promotions/programs that leverage national brand ideas/thinking and consumer insights to drive increased consumer preference and customer activity.
- Plan and orchestrate introduction of new products and line extensions to ensure that specific distribution, pricing, shelving and merchandising objectives are met or exceeded.
- Work with sales teams in the development, execution and follow - up of sales plans of assigned customer base.
- Participate actively in the Annual Customer Plan process.
- Provide strong financial acumen to all business decisions and provide post analysis to ensure goals are met.
- Work with sales teams to jointly present major initiatives to customers.
- Assist customers in reaching sales potential on company products by offering creative merchandising ideas.
- Handle customer issues/opportunities promptly
- Build relationships with marketing contacts of key customers.
- Foodservice Experience
- Advanced Strategic Thinking
- Ability to recognize, understand, and interpret consumer behavior, brand strategies, channel and customer needs, and turn this knowledge into action and results
- Previous Customer/Channel Management experience
- Coca-Cola Channel business knowledge is an asset
- Demonstrated personal leadership skills and influencing ability
- Brand merchandising knowledge
- Demonstrated creative and strategic thinking ability
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Business or equivalent education. MBA Preferred.
- 5-10 years' experience in a consumer packaged goods company, preferably in both customer management and marketing roles or equivalent marketing leadership experience within the foodservice industry.
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.