Position Overview:The roles ensures all ingredients and products 100% comply with regulations and policies, works cross functionally to achieve BU business target through regulatory risk prevention and management, facilitates science-based regulation change in responsible markets that provide freedom to the business development and have strong networking with authorities.
Function Specific Activities:
Project Management- Ability to manage multiple, cross functional projects to ensure effective and efficient delivery. Includes the need to be skilled in common project management tools used by the Company, i.e. Clarity
Product Development- Understanding the product development process including development timelines, ingredient function (i.e. preservatives, sweeteners, antioxidants, vitamins), formulation production process implications
Supply Chain- Understands the issues related to ingredient and concentrate/BB supply including value chain and financial modeling of COG, ingredient sourcing and approval, beverage base manufacturing and supply
Regulatory Affairs- Be familiar with China Food law and regulatory issues related to ingredients, packaging and formulations including the local food law as it applies to ingredients, packaging material, products, claims and labeling,
claims, approval process, PAR process
Consumer Insights- Basic knowledge in house testing procedures such as duo-trio, triangle and monadic evaluations, understands qualitative and quantitative testing and when in the process they should be conducted. Be able to input to action standards and interpret results and understands the local and global consumer trends
Bottling Processes- Developed knowledge of capability (products and packages) and implications (equipment investment, quality issues, etc) of various filling processes including: Sparkling, Postmix, Pasteurisation (hot fill and tunnel), Preserved Cold Fill, Aseptic (PET, Combi, Tetra, Retort) etc
Quality Assurance- Developed understanding of quality implications of different product/ package/process combinations including line validation requirements, processing requirements, and in market issues
Sales & Marketing Equipment- Knowledge of available equipment (especially FCB,FUB, post-mix) capability , cost and related quality issues.
- At least 5 years SRA or risk management role in Food / Beverage or related industry
- Strong risk management capability to manage regulatory risks of the business.
- Familiar with Food and additive regulation, Customs classification policy
- Strong and excellent communication with cross functional team as well as outside stakeholders
- Strong networking and influencing skills
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.