Position Overview:The Learning Deployment Manager will lead a team of trainers and learning specialist who own the development and deployment of instructor-led training in both a virtual and in-person modality. This 'just in time' learning approach ensures that our associates and contract workers throughout the United States have the skills and knowledge needed for success.
Function Specific Activities:
The Learning Deployment Manager is responsible for logistics and deployment of a diverse and comprehensive program of technical business applications for the end-user community that are designed to enhance productivity, introduce business processes, and increase understanding and use of system applications by associates. This team operates multiple classrooms, technical labs, and a virtual broadcast studio to create and deploy content for our learners.
- Develop strategic plans for systems training deployment as assigned by the Sr. Manager, Learning & Development - Technical Training.
- Manage assigned resources, including personnel and budget, while leading, coaching, and directing the training deployment team ensuring successful training deployment for assigned projects on time and on budget
- Responsible for the Training Deployment Team budget as assigned (salary, operating and appropriate capital expense, vendor reconciliation and/or negotiation, etc. as needed)
- Plan, manage, set direction, and communicate the vision of the training deployment strategy.
- Develop, design, and monitor career development strategies for each employee within the deployment team to provide employees motivation for career growth and job enrichment as well as improving their skills and professional abilities to serve clients
- Provide input and support the development of training documentation, while owning the revision control of all content and job aids
- Establish standards and procedures for training course administration and deployment to ensure consistently high quality delivery of training
- Provide specialized consulting and coaching in the area of training delivery, site coordination, print processes, project management and overall performance improvement to internal team
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships in support of training delivery projects as needed.
- Remain current with industry trends and incorporate best practices into training deployment initiatives where appropriate.
Education Level Required
- BA/BS Degree with experience in a management position (¬>10 years) in a multi-unit corporate environment.
Education Level Preferred
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS, MA) preferably in the area of Adult Education, Instructional Design, Communications, Performance Consulting, or Instructional Technology or BA/BS degree in the preferred areas with equivalent work experience.
- At least five years' experience managing a training team supporting at least two to three full lifecycle systems deployments in a corporate environment.
- At least five years' experience managing a training team supporting at more than three full lifecycle systems deployments in a corporate environment.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in course delivery, logistics, performance improvement, evaluation, project and resource management, plus general knowledge of all areas of end-user training and performance support
- Experience with a wide range of training delivery systems and applications on multiple platforms (e.g., LMS, virtual training delivery) to deploy an effective blended learning strategy
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple, complex projects and team members simultaneously through implementation deployment, project management, and best in class training technologies
- Experience with managing outside vendors regarding purchased and leased courses and services including negotiating skills in terms of quality, price, delivery of materials, etc.
Years of Experience:3-5 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.