Job Description Summary
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The SES Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of required safety, health, environmental, sustainability and related management system programs and processes.
- Facilitate Risk Assessment Process (FMEA, Health & Safety Risks, Environmental Aspects and Impacts) in order to mitigate risks.
- Conduct or respond to health and safety assessments/analyses in plant to minimize health and safety risks
- Lead the implementation of the facilities wastewater quality strategy compliance tracking and review/approval of designs.
- Ensure compliance with all PSM requirements and lead PSM team in best practice strategy implementation.
- Champion sustainability efforts within the facility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Design and deliver SES procedure and management system related training modules at five levels: New Hire Orientation, Annual Review, Specialty, Contractor, and Management
- Develop implementation strategies, implement, evaluate and/or certify effective implementation of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and OSHA VPP programs and standards.
- Establish and maintain medical response program and emergency response organization.
- Coordinate and communicate findings of internal and external audits to management staff, and ensure items of non-conformance are addressed and corrected according to schedule
- Effectively translate safety and sustainability goals and objectives to all levels of the organization ensuring alignment on relevant performance data.
- Routinely review safety and sustainability results with plant personnel to maximize facility performance.
- Foster an environment that supports an engaged safety and sustainability culture.
- Participate in industry organizations to stay current on technologies, process and regulations
- Seek, share and adopt ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embrace change introduced by others
- Design, implement and execute programs and processes to protect the safety and health of employees
- Ensure facility compliance with good environmental practices.
- Ensure facility compliance with applicable regulations.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with state and local regulatory agencies. Represent company on regulatory issues with impact outside local plant.
- BS degree or equivalent experience in large manufacturing plants
- Required: Associate's Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor's
- Master's Degree: In Environmental Sciences/Management
- At least 10 years of increasing levels of manager roles of people & processes
- Knowledge of technical practices and programs used in the reduction of workplace hazards.
- Knowledge of worker safety regulations as they relate to manufacturing.
- Ability to design, develop and implement effective management systems (ISO 14001, 18001, VPP Star).
- Knowledge of procedures used to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control physical, chemical, biological and ergonomic hazards.
- Ability to interact with government officials.
- Lean, Six Sigma
- Food or beverage manufacturing experience
- Expert in behavioral safety
Specialized Technical Skills:
- Expert in biological waste water treatment operation
- Expert in industrial hygiene
- Expert in environmental regulations
- Expert in PSM
- Proficient in Process Safety Management
- State licensed Waste Water Treatment Operator
- Registered Environmental Manager (REM) or equivalent environmental certification.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.