Position Overview:This position stewards the stage & gates processes of the end-to-end key business initiatives that will be running in the market ensuring that it is a truly integrated cross-functional process and it gets delivered according to the objectives and timings agreed. Specifically the position acts as an independent voice that guides, oversees and controls the processes identifying early enough potential barriers. This position reports to the General Manager to act fast and will be in close contact with the leaders of the rest of the Functions, with close day-today interaction with Region's Strategy and Planning head.
The core responsibility of the role will be the management of the system's innovation pipeline through a stages and gates processes. In addition to this core responsibility the Region's PMO will steward ALL Thailand/Laos based projects requiring close project management in the areas of: RGM (OBPPC rollout focus), Brand Management (Consumer Promotions) and major consumer activation events. The workload and prioritization of these additional projects will be determined by direct manager (GM) and region's Strat Plan lead.
Key to this role will be the ability to combine functional expertise with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a relentless focus on results and a great ability to create cross-functional integration with a very high sense of flexibility and understand cultural differences. This role represents a great opportunity for a recent university graduate / young professional with strong discipline and project management skills, who will benefit from the learning opportunities derived from an in depth exposure to a large number of projects core to our business.
Function Specific Activities:
- Act as an advisor to senior leadership team to ensure the local innovation pipeline responds to the agreed Region Innovation Plan
- Lead Stage & Gate process for all projects (Innovation, IMC and joint KO-Bottler commercialization)
- Ensures that Projects are being delivered on time and according to the objectives
- Supports a culture of continuous learnings ensuring After Action Reviews
- Identifies quickly barriers & propose recommendations
Direct guidance to a group of many project managers across the Region, including:
- Explanation of roles and responsibilities as project managers and expected outcomes
- Periodic coaching
- Coordination of necessary training (i.e. innovation, project management skills)
Direct guidance with the commercialization team in Technical function as they contribute to the Innovation Process
Direct guidance with the marketing and commercial team as they contribute to the End-to-End stage gate process (business factory)
- Process Improvement: Evaluating existing processes and identifying more efficient ways to accomplish goals and meet customer and client requirements; continuously improving the processes through regular assessment and adjustment.
- Establishing Collaborative Working Relationships: Developing and using collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others' efforts.
- Leading through Change: Communicates the need for change and a compelling vision of change; makes decisions and priorities consistent with change objectives; takes responsibility for the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Sustaining Operational Excellence: Equipping the organization to execute; creating a shared understanding of the best path forward so others can take actions independent of the leader; enabling the organization to focus quickly on high-leverage and high impact actions, e.g. Builds aligned teams, Develops leadership throughout the organization, Facilitates decisiveness in others and Focuses on efficiency and effectiveness.
1. Extensive knowledge of Project Management, preferably in FMCG organizations.
2. Influencing Skills
4. Ability and appetite to LEARN
Leadership Competencies (prioritized):
- Influences the System, Drives Innovative Business Improvements ,Develops & Inspires Others, Builds Vision and Strategy
Leadership Behaviors (prioritized):
- Act like an Owner, Collaborate with the System, Inspire Others, Drive Innovation, Customer and Key Stakeholders, Develop Self and Others
- 3-5 years of experience in Project Management / Finance roles. FMCG experience preferred
Years of Experience:3-5 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.