Position Overview:The Counsel/Legal Manager role will be a strategic legal partner for Indian and South West Asia Business Unit (“INSWA”). We are looking for an energetic, decisive and analytical lawyer to provide legal advice and transactional support to INSWA BU Associates across functions- e.g. marketing, advertising, contract, trade, labor and corporate issues.
The Counsel will:
• Assist the business in identifying and mitigating risk.
• Prepare and/or review contracts and other legal documents.
• Research and interpret case law, court reports and proposed/existing regulations to prepare opinions on how they
impact the organization's operations and advise the business accordingly.
• Liaise with external functional or operational area specialists and counsels as needed.
This is an individual contributor role representing the most common entry point for this career stream and works under direct supervision.
Function Specific Activities:
A. Monitor and Drive Compliance
- Design and deliver training to clients on various legal and compliance issues, as required.
- Help calibrate and drive compliance astuteness and culture.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies.
- Stay updated with legal and regulatory environment impacting business, while enabling growth and innovation.
B. Provide Legal and Risk Mitigation Support
- Will provide legal support to the INSWA BU on all areas specifically marketing, advertising, trade, labor laws and will support Counsels on day-to-day projects.
- Provide business and operational legal advice on broad-spectrum areas to associates.
- Draft, negotiate, review, revise and finalize documents concerning the Company's interests, including all types of basic and complex agreements.
- Coordinate litigation, filings and related documentation.
- Review/Approve labels, packaging, marketing and celebrity agreements, advertising and promotions initiatives, Government Affairs and marketing materials and consumer communication.
- Provide legal opinions, and where needed, undertake research and obtain advice from external counsel on local laws/regulations and pending legislation which may affect business objectives.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Function with regards to labor law matters.
C. Build and Manage Relationships
- Participate in cross-functional projects on innovation, new product launches and development.
- Coordinate closely with BIG legal and other legal teams supporting the business across INSWA BU.
- Build productive relationships with all relevant clients and stakeholders.
Minimum Post Qualification Experience of 1 year or more at FMCG or similar company and/or at a reputable full service law firm practicing in the areas of consumer litigation, food law, and/or marketing law.
Years of Experience:1-2 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.