Position Overview:Responsible for the strategic and innovative design, logistical development and planning, and successful, on-budget execution of best-in-class, scalable Hospitality and ticketing programs at global events that are utilized by the System as an unparalleled marquee relationship building opportunities to cultivate and strengthen bonds with a wide range of constituents; including customers, bottling partners, consumers, investors, opinion leaders, as well as our Board of Directors and System employees. This role is also responsible for finding efficient solutions to integrating key, high-profile business meetings into these programs as required.
Demonstrates the creative ability to translate the magic of the brand through an indelible Hospitality experience that also embodies the emotional power of the sports asset as well as the unique culture of the host market. Creates a forum to personally connect and engage all constituents to key brand and business priorities; including integrated marketing campaigns, sustainability initiatives, innovation breakthroughs, host market activities, new ventures and partnerships, and various priorities around consumer passion points such as music.
Develops and leads a strong core and extended team (up to 150 people on site) to assist in the planning and implementation of each program.
Provides on-going consulting and subject matter expertise in the area of Hospitality for senior leadership of each host BU, as well as their project teams.
Develops and leverages strong, productive working relationships with the International Olympic Committee, individual OCOGs, FIFA, UEFA and all rights-holders with which we engage.
Supports the negotiations, as it relates to Hospitality and experiential rights, of highly-complex, long-term, sponsorship agreements of significant strategic importance to the Company.
Function Specific Activities:
- Strong strategic and creative capability to visualize, develop and deliver best-in-class programs that exceed the expectations of a diverse range of stakeholders, while bringing to life key brand and business priorities, with the ability to adapt to changing and emerging trends in the industry.
- Global experience, global mind-set; experience working across multiple geographies and diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences to find common ground to inspire action for a new way of driving global assets and partnerships.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to balance interests of, and deliver successfully to, multiple stakeholders, groups and cultures both internally and externally. Need to possess strong skills in public speaking, written communication, negotiation, listening, and coaching.
- Strong executive presence and influencing skills with proven ability to provide strategic guidance and effectively influence at the Executive level within a large, multi-layered, matrixed organization, as well as with external partner peers and executives.
- Proven experience developing and effectively leading multiple diverse, multi-cultural global teams across several geographic regions simultaneously.
- Strong project management skills, strong analytical skills and expertise in budgeting and fiscal management. Ability to run a project like a small business enterprise.
- Proven experience in working in high-pressure environments with ability to be agile, adapt and find solutions quickly.
Financial / Job Scope:
- Directly develops, manages and reconciles program and ticket budgets in multiple currencies with a high degree of complexity with values of $3MM USD - $30 MM USD per project.
- Indirect responsibility for negotiation with an array of vendors and third parties, including rights holders, hotels, caterers, Hospitality venues, destination management companies, transportation companies, creative and entertainment agencies.
- Leads Hospitality programs (ranging between a few hundred and 6000 guests) and ticketing programs (up to 35,000 tickets) activated by 100+ markets.
Experience / Education:
- At least 15+ years of specialized Hospitality and leadership experience with a large global or multinational company, rights holders or an organization known for its knowledge and experience in developing, leading and delivering best-in-class Hospitality programs, with a specialty in sports and entertainment assets.
- Proven track record for managing a significant amount of resources (people, equipment, assets, financial) in an efficient and productive way.
- Proven track record of developing and advancing team members and leaders within their organizations; and proven ability to manage a globally and culturally diverse teams with a strong focus on collaboration.
- Proven track record in effectively communicating and collaborating with executive level leaders both internally and externally.
Leadership & Management Behavioral Competencies
- Influences the System: Applies influence strategies and negotiation skills to achieve win-win results; Adapts style based on the situation and audience.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
- Chairman's and CEO's Offices (including BOD & other key meetings during global events)
- Group Presidents, BU Presidents and Function Heads (Hosts of programs)
- Future Host Countries BU Presidents and Management Teams
- Rights holders (IOC, FIFA, UEFA, RWC)
- Management teams of other IOC & FIFA partners and broadcasters
- Global Marketing / IMC, Design, Licensing, Innovation, Sustainability, PAC, Music, Gaming, Digital, Customer
- Indirect Reports: Hospitality agency
- Cross-functional team members (i.e.: Security, IT, Innovation, Coordinators)
- International: 35%
- Domestic: 5%
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.