Function Specific Activities:
The Role in a Tweet
The analytic go-to person in Commercial & Customer to help drive system revenue, profit & NARTD share, through providing analytic support and recommendations on C&C projects
And what are you supposed to do really….
As our business grows, complexity grows too. We enter new categories, launch new brands, integrate acquisitions and serve more customers, shoppers & consumers. And as our business evolves & complexity grows, the demand on us to lead evolves too. We today need to provide leadership is such different areas as category vision, shopper insights/experience, pack/price architecture, E-commerce, route to market…and the list goes on.
With the newly created commercial & customers we need serious analytic capability to help drive the knowledge base to make the best decisions. The role areas are as follows:
Deliver Oceania targets.
- Report on Revenue growth, profit and NARTD share
- Help track business performance metrics.
Support system to provide a richer Shopping experience.
- Support in the analysis of shopper insights, leveraging insights from Australia and wider APAC group.
- Help with implementation of project such as new merchandising standards using global best practice (e.g. adjacencies, partnerships, points of interruptions).
Assist in analysis for developing Pack and price structures
- Be our analytic support in NZ for pack/price on Sparkling Drinks (i.e. bottler leads, but KO have seat at table to make sure it makes sense from a portfolio and consumer perspective).
- Support pack/price for our Pacific islands - in particular Tahiti and New Caledonia.
Help Customer management
- Use analytic and information capability to identify opportunities and help manage the account team mange performance with our customers
Co-lead with bottler Route to market optimization.
- E-commerce, establishment of platform together with CCA
- New categories, for example, chilled juice, Kombucha.
- Be link to CCA to drive segmented execution.
NA - Reports to the Customer & Commercial Manager
Financial / Job Scope:
- Country Portfolio: New Zealand, Fiji, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Samoa, Vanuatu, Tonga, Nauru
Who Qualifies for the Role…
HiPo JG 10
- Uncompromising values
- Able to assist our bottlers and customers
- Treat people with respect. Always
- Work collaboratively
- Bring exponential thinking
- Be precise and expert in analytic thinking
Innovation Leadership Competencies
- Fluent with data and numbers
- Proven ability to influence with numbers and written/ oral communication.
- Connect with external thought leadership to bring new thinking inside the Company
- Translate ideas into commercial propositions
- Experience with finance or statistics.
- Values trumps Competencies: 2 things we never compromise: values in people & values in brands
- Can influence, inspire and build relationships: With our bottlers, SPBU and wider APAC.
- Commercial acumen: We do things because it adds value, not because it looks good.
- Ability to roll up sleeves personally: we believe delegation becomes a proxy for dumping work on others. Unless leaders do, they never learn deep enough to understand the business
- Voracious learner: We change, bottlers change, and so does competitors, customers and partners.
- Must laugh: Bringing smiles to other starts with us
What values we need….
- Heart: Good humanity: we don't tolerate “brilliant jerks” (to clarify, we don't tolerate any type of jerks)
- Head: Good IQ: we love learners, especially those who have kindergarten-like passion for knowledge. PS: we don't mind at all if you are part of MENSA
- Guts: Bias for getting things done: able to roll up sleeves and do work personally. We don't like bosses who “oversee” work. When we see them, we move them out to become boss of someone else
- Your plan to learn for the rest of your life is far more interesting to us than your transcripts
Organization Impact / Influence
Perhaps the most important influencing & shaping role in Coca-Cola Oceania. This role will provide
- Best practice analysis to better decision making
- Commercial Solutions for execution during this year….and next 3 years.
- Provide support for regular analysis and ad hoc projects
Cultural Appreciation and Shaping
For non-Oceania talents,
- Able to absorb and learn more from the host country, Zero Cultural Arrogance
- Passionate to close cultural ignorance (tip: we tolerate learning gaps…but not for too long)
- Shock…Adopt…Learn in the highly competitive market and digital disruptive context
For Oceania talents
- Open up to possibilities outside New Zealand. We prefer broader minds to bigger brains
- Learn and embrace the best of Coca-Cola cultural values
- Help shape new and better values, that Coca-Cola does not have today
We recognize every business have their own lingo and acronyms. While it works for the ones who's been in the business for a while it could sound like gibberish for an outsider. So, here's a translation:
APAC: Asia Pacific
CCA: Coca-Cola Amatil
Hipo: High Potential
JG: Job Grade
MUC: Millions of unit cases
NARTD: Non-Alcoholic Ready To Drink
SPBU: South Pacific Business Unit
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.