Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
This leadership position supports the National Foodservice & On-Premise cross-functional account teams on customer negotiations for contract renewals/renegotiations, investment spend requests, new business opportunities and category expansion. This encompasses providing business consulting, value chain development and financial analysis, ensuring customer portfolio equity and channel integrity, and working with a cross functional negotiating team (Sales, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Bottling Partners, etc.) to help drive towards value-based customer agreements.
- Financial Analysis: perform value-chain analysis and economic validation of proposed customer program variables within a customer deals model to determine key outcomes and metrics (i.e., Operating Income, Economic Profit); synthesize information, aggregate & present information in a common format, etc.
- Develop, maintain, and use financial models, templates, strategic and operational measures and software programs/systems in order to perform financial analysis.
- Perform analysis that requires application of financial concepts and/or tools (e.g., NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, economic analyses, line item walk-forwards, volume building blocks).
- Prepare and develop internal presentations for senior leadership that shows customer and channel information to help support our investment strategies.
- Oversee P&L management for incremental investment spend requests for a portfolio of customers which requires plan and rolling estimate analysis, contract draft review and chart of authority approval for customer deal levels, collaboration with business owners to ensure accurate and timely funding transfers and other adhoc analysis.
- Ensure that contracts with customers and bottlers are executed in compliance with the established terms of the agreement (e.g., funding levels, performance requirements, marketing reciprocals, looks of success).
- Ensure all accounting entries and authorizations are in compliance with Company Accounting Policy and GAAP.
- Prepare supplemental reports, information, and documentation as required for internal and external auditors and the Tax Department.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree (preferred Accounting, Finance or other business discipline with equivalent education and experience)
- Preferred Level: MBA and/or CPA
- 8-12 years of financial/sales analysis work experience required
- Management experience preferred
- Problem Solving: Ability to synthesize and draw insights and implications from multiple data sets. Creative in search and application of data and new problem solving techniques.
- Extensive problem solving and financial modeling. Ability to structure and attack complex deals as well as develop new techniques to solve competitive offers.
- Attention to detail: Meticulous attention to detail and multi-tasking and time management skills critical. Must be flexible and comfortable managing shifting priorities in very fluid and rapidly changing environment.
- Team Collaboration: Must be team player, capable of taking direction and initiative in context of complex and shifting priorities.
- Judgment & decision Making: Ability to apply 80/20 approaches and judgment as to when to go deep and/or stay broad. Able to maintain pace of rapid iteration and communication and multi-task across responsibilities.
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.