Position Overview:This role manages the Content development process to achieve communications targets and Brand health results determined in annual business plans. The position requires creative leadership and effective outsourcing management for creative content development (traditional media, new media, branded content, merchandising design, corporate communications' design, digital, social etc.) and world class production and execution across assigned projects. Within these responsibilities the position needs to ensure internal and external parties cooperation, contribution, agency effectiveness as well as production productivity and determination with sustainable co-creation models that are integrated around one ‘core idea' for each brand.
Function Specific Activities:
1. Creative Content / Strategies Development
• Develop the creative briefs for brands and manage the process of breakthrough creative development (ideation; amplification & execution) for brand IMC campaigns. Guide agencies in campaign development based on IMC & creative briefs; review rounds of creative at the idea stage and probe direction for further development; optimize final ideas for testing; provide input for idea testing and adapt creative based on research learnings
• Ensure on-target briefing, on-brief reverts and on-budget delivery of creative solutions based on brand priorities and connection plans.
• Work with Creative agencies in the development of creative campaigns and content for different connection points within the IMC plans, to further differentiate and strengthen brand equity and generate conversation among the target audience.
• Cooperate and co-create with agencies and internal parties (i.e. Brand Teams, media/connections managers, digital managers, PR managers, Procurement, etc.) to deliver high-standard executional outputs, sustaining a liquid and linked approach in all content creation
• Collaborate and input into the development of global Charter campaigns (campaigns that are developed for multiple markets across geographies)/ projects delivering against multi-market needs)
• Manage the development of all creative content for special projects, brands, all connection points
• Co-lead with the Senior CE Manager the amplification of the Liquid Idea into powerful connection and specialist plans
• Manage production process of all content and drive for use of innovative production practices, where relevant, to drive creative output and cut-through as well as production productivity.
• Ensure on time, quality deliver of content material and toolkits to franchises and countries within the BU providing regular updates on status and timelines
• Provide input and support for market specific content adaptation where required.
• Work with BU Design Manager and Franchise Packaging Graphics and Compliance Managers to develop packaging design on joint projects.
2. Creative Agency Management
• Work in collaboration with Agency Operations Manager and with agency partners to drive the development of unique and differentiating campaigns that deliver brand objectives
• Ensure maximized leverage of Design Machine, DMEX by both KO marketing teams and agency partners. Partner with Design Machine / DMeX lead on this.
• Ensure on-brief, on quality and on-budget delivery of creative content based on brand priorities and connection plans
• Manage and co-operate with Agencies to deliver high-standard executional outputs, sustaining a liquid and linked approach in all content creation
3. Project Management & Relationship Management:
• Manage relationship & interactions with a number of stakeholders both internal & external for alignment on IMC campaigns (MF PMO, Brand, IMC, K&I, PAC, SRA, Franchise teams, Legal, Agencies)
• Culture: Be the source of Creative Inspiration for our agency partners, Brand team and marketing team as whole. Continuously Aspire for developing an Award Winning Creative culture
• Lead and ensure high level of project management for all Creative/Content Communication campaigns, ensuring detailed timeline development, management of timelines and adherence to Marketing Factory Process and RAPID's to ensure on time delivery by collaborating with extended teams (Brand, IMC, Agencies etc) and regular updates provided to all stakeholders
4. Production & Productivity:
• Work with brand teams in allocating sufficient and efficient annual budgets for all brands' production & development needs within the DME; manage P&D budgets for risks and opportunities throughout the year
• Oversee and ensure on-time and correct execution of financial procedures within the production process
• Input into production costs shared by agencies, negotiate and optimize spend to deliver productivity targets
• Search within the TCCC System and Industry for communications solutions that can be re-applied to BU brands/projects
• Manage relationship & interactions with a number of stakeholders both internal & external.
• Internal: Global Charter teams, CE Team, Local and Global IMC Team and communities, Brand Teams, K&I, Franchise, PAC, SRA, Legal, Finance
• External: Agencies, External Stakeholders, Content developers
• This position requires Innovative thinking, consistency, flexibility and responsiveness
• Alignment of all internal parties on creative content (including promotions and packaging) in tight market deadlines
• Managing Creative Agencies for executions that deliver on creative strategy while embracing innovative thinking and preserving creative impact
• Working with extended internal team to ensure creative integrity and consistent content (liquid & linked)
• In conjunction to the continuously changing brands' needs and communication environment, this job requires to develop new approaches to address changing dynamics within the responsibilities of the job detailed above.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
1. Evaluation of New and Existing Campaign ideas -Part Accountability in conjunction with Senior Content Excellence Manager.
2. Supplier / Agency Management to ensure delivery against scope of agency agreement - Part Accountability in conjunction with Agency Operations Manager
3. Regular interactions and recommendations provided to brand teams on campaign ideas and exectution - Full Accountability
4. Ensure Agencies drive amplification of CCI (Core Creative Idea) on assigned projects - Full Accountability
5. Communication Strategy & Planning - Lead role in creative - Part Accountability in conjunction with Senior Content Excellence Manager
6. Input into Brand Communications Objectives and Research briefs - Full Accountability
Manages the Content development process for assigned projects to achieve communications targets and Brand health results determined in annual business plans.
Decision Maker: Coordination Of Work
Involved: Performance Reviews
Involved: Team Leadership
Type of previous work experience required:
• Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
• Proven experience in developing commercial/business driving communication campaigns
• Extremely articulate and strong written communication skills.
• Credibility-building confidence with minimal ego.
• Is organized and has solid process and project management skills.
Years of previous work experience:
• Minimum 7 years experience in an Advertising / Communications role, preferably with creative development expertise and ATL production within an FMCG environment.
• Cross-functional experience in Consumer marketing would be an advantage.
• Creative Agency experience an advantage (account management, strategic planning, creative)
• minimum education level required:
• University/Bachelor's Degree
• Building Value Based Relationships
• Leveraging And Respecting Others
• Problem Analysis / Problem Solving
• Creative Judgement
• Working In Teams
• Strong Influencing skills
• Accuracy and Speed in delivery
• Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
• Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
• Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
• Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
• Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
• Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
• Delivers results - Co-Lead role in communication strategies' development
• Balances immediate and long-term priorities - Provides strategic input in the development of brands' comm. plans. Lead role in managing all mid-term and immediate priorities for on-strategy and on-time in-market comm. execution
• Imports and exports good ideas - role in identifying global work (through multiple KO channels) and adapting them for local campaigns
• Builds Brand Value - Understand the external environment and identify new sources of opportunity, Balance fact with intuition to distill complex opportunites into compelling business cases.
• Builds Brand Love - Pursues innovation and change with a mindset of continuous improvement
Communicating Effectively / Planning and Organizing / Decision Making / Demonstrating Self-Confidence / Negotiating / Establishing Direction / Attention to Detail / Managing Conflict / Understanding the Business / Working Under Pressure / Adaptability/ Responsiveness/innovative thinking
Fluent use of both written and spoken English is a must. Working knowledge of other languages spoken across the SEABU markets (Portuguese, Swahili, Amheric, Zulu) would be advantageous, but not essential. Responsibility and interaction with very diverse range of people. Has worked most of his / her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a common solution.
20% creative shoots, agency briefings, tissue sessions, presentations, pre-production meetings, editing suites, research houses
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.