Job Description Summary
HR Advisor II will be the responsible for providing consistent, high quality customer care and service excellence to its customer base of 70,000+ Coca-Cola North America Associates. The HR Advisor II will serve as a subject matter expert, assisting other HR Advisor I's in resolving complex, unusual or difficult cases. The HR Advisor II will be responsible for assisting and facilitating employee and manager inquiries and requests that are received via phone, email, the HR portal, or other access channels. The HR Advisor II will use case management tools to respond to and track employee and manager inquiries, using judgment, experience and knowledge and using independent thinking abilities.
The incumbent will perform high-volume services through the HR Shared Services Center through standardized processes including administrative work, order fulfillment and database transactions via telephone, web, facsimile, email or correspondence. This individual must have strong communication skills and must have attentive listening skills that enable them to ask probing questions to aid them in problem solving and issue escalation. In this role, the HR Advisor II will have a deep knowledge of HR Process and Practices as they relate to Employee Benefits.
Function Specific Activities:
- First point of contact for inquiries from all channels resolving 70% - 90% of inquiries during first contact.
- Helps customers navigate through Tier 0 (direct access) materials and functionality.
- Seeks rapid and efficient resolution of 'How To' questions using scripts, FAQ's, and desk top procedures without deviation, promptly resolving upon first call/contact.
- Logs all calls on the case management system. Updates other systems as needed.
- Abides by documented Quality guidelines when handling customer calls.
- Uses professional and customer-focused approach to handle customer inquiries. Ensures client privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive client reports or information. Ensures quality customer experience by communicating empathy to de-escalate difficult situations.
- Consults managers and employees and provides guidance on aspects of manager/employee issues related to HR policies & procedures
- Displays dependability by being punctual and achieves an appropriate level of attendance.
- Handles situations which require adaptation of response or extensive research
- Maintains ownership of cases through resolution working with internal resources and/or COE's
- Investigates customer complaints regarding services, and issues resulting in appropriate resolution.
- Expert level role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency
- Maintains an up to date understanding and awareness of specific HR processes and procedures in Employee Benefits.
- Provide feedback and recommended updates of all Contact Team tools, job aids, scripts, and standard operating procedures as well as communication and content that is delivered through the portal.
- Attends and participates in on-going training to support the ever changing environment.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn and actively seek out knowledge in a self-guided, keyword driven and document heavy knowledgebase.
- May assist with outbound calls, process improvement, support work, knowledge base improvement suggestions, and peer coaching
Education Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma with industry experience, or a combination of education and industry experience.
Education Preferred Level:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or relevant subject
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Experience Minimum Required:
- 2+ year experience with direct accountability for customer and satisfaction in a customer service, call center, or service center environment
- 2+ years experience in human resources, with a concentration in Employee Benefits Administration and/or 6 months in a Coca-Cola Company HR Customer Service Position.
Skills Minimum Required:
- Uses excellent verbal communication including proper grammar, tone, and a clear speaking voice to ensure solid communication with the customer via all contact channels.
- Listening skills
- Customer service
- Proven team-partnering capabilities
- Computer aptitude, including typing of at least 35 wpm, accurate data entry, and the ability to effectively work in a Windows based environment.
- Must work well, both independently and with a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Be patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable
- Be able to stay calm in difficult situations
- Be confident about gathering facts and statistics
- Respect the importance of confidentiality, as you will be dealing with employees' personal details
- Have problem solving skills
- Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail
- Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- Demonstrates excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and correct sentence structure to document cases in the case management system and communicate with customers and employees via all contact channels.
- Contribute to a healthy team community, fosters sharing of best practices, and enable and model an environment of open feedback and communication across
- Detail oriented with an ability to function well in stressful situations.
- Ability to handle a large volume of calls with accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task when communicating with associate regarding issues while utilizing a headset, navigating multiple monitors and systems simultaneously.
- Ability to sit for long periods. Ability to work on computer for long periods.
- Understand and effectively consults when calls need to be sent to Tier 3 or Operations for resolution. Ability to resolve sensitive calls when necessary and effectively identify when a case needs to be resolved.
- Understands scope of services and resolves escalated items to Operations/COE as defined.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Ability to follow strict HIPAA privacy rules
Experience Preferred Level:
- HR certification, and multi-language proficiency a plus
- Minimum years of relevant experience: 2-5; prior experience in a call center, service center in a service industry with at least one year in a Senior level position
- Exposure to HR and/or case management technologies a plus (e.g., portal technology, content management, case management, human capital management, etc.)
- One year in a Senior level Customer Service position
- Experience with Company Sponsored and Non-company sponsored Benefits
Skills Preferred Level:
- Expertise in HR Benefits and general exposure / knowledge of various HR functions (e.g., policy, compensation, employee relations, benefits, performance management, etc.)
- General knowledge of Federal and state laws/regulations that govern Human Resources
- SAP experience
- Bilingual (French and/or Spanish)
- HIPPA Privacy Law Knowledge
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.