Job ID: R-23742
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
Function Specific Activities:
- Develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles;
- Participate in software design and code reviews;
- Participate in, and adhere to, professional software engineering practices using such tools and methodologies such as Agile Software Development, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Deployment, Source Code Management;
- Maintain a high level of proficiency with Computer Science/Software Engineering knowledge and contribute to the technical skills growth of other team members;
- Collaboratively establish and implement the development plan;
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
- Experienced in building components and widgets based on Web Component standard;
- Experience building scalable applications with AWS services and serverless architecture;
- Java experience will be an asset;
- Experience building RESTful microservices and large systems in services-oriented architectures;
- Solid understanding of programming paradigms (object-oriented, functional, event-driven etc.) and their applications;
- Experience working with Bamboo, Jenkins or other standard automation servers;
- Experience with GIT code repositories;
- Experience with build tools: Gradle, Maven, Ant, Make, Rake, Grunt, Gulp, Ninja, Blaze/Bazel, Pants or others;
- Experience with configuration management and containerization technologies: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt;
- Experience with ORMs and building applications backed by relational, Key/Value and document databases;
- Experience in Agile Development practices, Scrum, Test and Behavior Driven Development, Domain Driven Design;
- Solid understanding of security concepts. Expert in building secure web applications and RESTful services.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent work experience;
- AWS Certified Developer certification will be an asset.
- 6+ years of professional software development;
- At least 2 years of experience working on a scalable AWS infrastructure;
- Experience working with geographically diverse development teams will be an asset.
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION