Position Overview:- This position will be responsible for supporting by executing New Product development initiatives and reformulate existing recipes with less complexity to drive strong Innovation Pipeline to meet aggressive growth target of INSWA (India & South West Asia) business. Will be working closely with commercialization, Marketing, Supply Chain, Regulatory and CPS (Concentrate Plant)
Function Specific Activities:
1.Support execution of New Product Development initiatives that are designed to create the robust pipeline of innovations across categories to meet the short term and the long term priorities of INSWA
2. Manages a small project ((Reformulation, flavior extenstion of existing portforlio) or a component of a larger project according to set deliverables based on inputs and instruction from stakeholder independently
3. Build Capability in understanding the Beverage landscape in India through holistic analysis of the beverage market products in various categories to utilize the product insights in creating value added proposition in our portfolio
4.Sharing Knowledge and collaboration across system.
5.Ensure effective documentation related to stability study, analytical Data, Ingredients and Specifications.
6.Ensure priorities are handled effectively by modifying plans and actions in own area of accountability.
7. Provide support to ensure all local regulatory requirements in every aspect of Product formulation.
1. Growth Culture
- Curiosity : Keep Seeking
- Empowered - make it happen
- Work to push for next step
Strong knowledge of the composition, structure and properties of ingredients and Food additives needed to understand key components (e.g., acidulants, oxygen, water, buffers) used in Company products and on the stability of the ingredients. Knowledge of food and water microbiology used to make judgments about the safety of ingredients, beverages, manufacturing techniques, packaging and storage conditions
Responsibilities are typically stated as broad goals or areas of accountability. There is substantial latitude in determining how to accomplish the goals.
4.Knowledge & Experience
• Ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to formulas and ingredients.
• Strong knowledge of the composition, structure and properties of inorganic substances needed to understand inorganic ingredients (e.g., acidulants, oxygen, water, buffers) used in Company products and in research on stability of ingredients.
• Knowledge of food and water microbiology used to make judgments about the safety of ingredients, beverages, manufacturing techniques, packaging and storage conditions.
• Knowledge of basic nutrition concepts and definitions involved in basic nutritional labeling.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers or the Company.
• Knowledge of Company-specific rules for creating formulas and formula codes.
5.Education & Professional Qualification
Education and Related Work Experience - Food Science and Food Engineering. & Dairy Science/ Dairy Engineering
BS with 2-3 years related work experience
Proficient in spoken & written English.
7. Travel Requirements
25%, including trial run, business meeting, seminar etc.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.