Position Overview:The role of the Media Manager is to lead the media implementation and investment agenda for GB and I. This involves localising and recommending relevant implementation of Western European connections strategies for our Core Brands and new beverages teams and guiding the development of local connections strategies and implementation for our Locally managed brands (Diet Coke, Schweppes and Oasis)
Function Specific Activities:
Everybody knows Coca-Cola. But only the best people work in The Coca-Cola Company.
This is your chance: we are looking for someone who is ready to join us in turning our passion into action, someone who welcomes the challenges of managing a diverse portfolio of stakeholders & knows everything about the media world, someone who enjoys driving the growth of some of the world's most renowned brands.
We are looking for a Great Britain and Ireland - Media Manager
The role is based in London
If you are ready for this challenge & want to help us protect & enhance the reputation of our brand, category & company, then you are the one.
The core job responsibility is to:
The role of the Media Manager is to lead the media implementation and investment agenda for GB and I. This involves localising and recommending relevant implementation of Western European connections strategies for our Core Brands and new beverages teams and guiding the development of local connections strategies and implementation for our Locally managed brands (Diet Coke, Schweppes and Oasis)
Reports to GB Consumer Connections Director & works closely with:
- Core Brands & New Beverages managers;
- Connections team
- WEBU Media team ;
- Externally - Agencies.
- Externally - Coca-Cola European Partners leadership team
Main responsibilities are to:
- Localize WEBU Connection & Media strategy across Core Brands and New Beverages in GB & I and work with Brand Managers and media agency to provide relevant consumer centric and engaging implementation plans.
- Work with media agency to create local connections strategies and implementation plans for locally managed brands (Diet Coke, Schweppes, Oasis)
- Liaise with rest of Connections team where relevant to activate cross-functional campaigns (inc Digital Manager, Assets manager, XM Manager, content team)
- Manage Media Agency to deliver market excellence
- Apply agency management routines and principles across GB and I, including agency remuneration (VBC and P4P principles).
- Manage auditing relationship and productivity reporting
- Manage 360 agency feedback process through decideware and agency reviews
- Work with K&I and S&I to develop measurement projects that allow us to understand the impact of our media/connections investment both on sales and brand metrics
- Recommend approach to media investment across the portfolio and manage Media Budgets and monthly media sign off process.
- Support a networked organisation among the Connection & Media Community in WEBU
Key skills required:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in the field of consumer marketing with a focus on connection planning & media buying.
- Profound knowledge of media industry, agency business & connection planning expertise.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a matrix organization as well as external partners.
- Strong strategic know-how, ability to translate strategic objectives into action plans.
- Experience & resilience to work in a fast paced environment yet bringing attention to detail & ability to understand macro business challenges.
That sounds appealing ? Then start now - let's put your passion into action !
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.