Position Overview:Performs non-routine and complex scientific laboratory assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project; coordinates the efforts of other laboratory technicians. Individual contributor with comprehensive knowledge in specific area; ability to execute highly complex or specialized work; knowledge acquired from several years of experience or specialist training in particular area; works independently; may serve as a working team lead and/or supervise 1 or 2 lower level para-professionals.
Function Specific Activities:
Purpose of this job is to:
Work under the direction of the laboratory manager to ensure compliance with The Coca Cola Company (TCCC) specifications (KORE) by conducting laboratory analysis/inspection of incoming ingredients and merchandises, packaging materials, intermediate and finished products, and process verification samples in compliance with and according to the Management System (MS) of Cairo CP Laboratory ( ISO 17025, TCCC Operating Requirements “KORE” and Cairo CP Integrated Management System “IMS”) To maintain the main components of the laboratory's management system. This includes - but is not limited to - laboratory testing equipment and instruments' validation, calibration and maintenance, and purchasing of laboratory's supplies and resources.
Primary duties of this job include:
- Carrying out validation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory test equipment and instruments in accordance with laboratory MS to keep maximum efficiency in terms of results accuracy and precision.
- Conducting microbiological testing of ingredients, finished products, water treatment plant's samples and samples of processing equipment's cleaning and sanitation.
- Implementing Cairo CP Laboratory's Sensory Program.
- Approving test reports.
- Participating in setting up individual's development plan, implementing the plan and keeping relevant records.
- Adhering to TCCC Workplace Rights Policy (WRP).
- Contributing in the continual improvement elements of the laboratory's MS.
- Maintaining the Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) of the laboratory and complying with the ESLP requirements.
- Conducting the job in compliance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Development and Validation of Analytical Methods to ISO17025 standards.
- Management of service contracts, responsible for Troubleshooting and Repairs.
- Management of purchasing, receiving and storage processes of laboratory supplies and services.
- Monitor the laboratory accommodation and environmental conditions are adequate and comply with KORE requirements.
- Other roles and responsibilities assigned by laboratory manager under the shield of laboratory MS and according to the latest update of the laboratory's Roles and Responsibilities Matrix.
- To achieve targets of on-time laboratory test results.
- To achieve targets of plant KBIs by responding to requests from internal and external customers.
Inside the Company
- Contact with all other departments (Warehouse, CRM, Production…etc.) to ensure readiness of raw materials and finished products.
- Contact with all other plants and service centers such as Ingredients Quality Departments (IQD), Analytical Service Laboratories (ASL) and Research and Development Centers (R & D) for sharing knowledge, standardization and import/export good practices.
- Communicate with other plants to share best practices.
- Work in global teams for standardization and improvement of work processes.
Outside the Company
- Communicate with vendors of laboratory supplies for purchasing, calibration, and/or maintenance of lab instruments.
- Communicate with vendors of ingredients for troubleshooting, technical consultancy and complaints investigation.
- Years of experience: 0 - 2
- Awareness of wet chemistry
- Analytical/instrumental background
- Background in statistics
- Basic Knowledge of microbiological testing
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Good computer skills
- Excellent written, spoken communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacy, Agriculture or Veterinary
- Work culture at Cairo CP community uses native Egyptian Arabic in communication. However, English is a must to deal with other different cultures, colleagues and in external communication.
- Problems usually arise during and due to normal and routines day-to-day laboratory work. Solving such problems takes place through Cairo CP's Corrective and Preventive Actions Program.
- Evaluating validity of test items and laboratory equipment to ensure accuracy and precision of laboratory test results.
- Exposure to chemicals of different hazards such as toxic, flammable, corrosive… etc.
- Risk arises from instruments or some instruments' components such as hot plates, UV lamps, Microwave… etc.
- Sharp edges
- Microbial contamination
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.