Position Overview:The Account Executive II manages the business relationship with assigned drug & value channel customers for “warehouse/distributor route to market” brands including Simply, Minute Maid, Gold Peak, Honest Kids, Odwalla, Suja, Zico, and fairlife, working with an integrated account team. Develops and implements Annual Business Plans which support company business objectives. Acts as system-wide expert on strategy, business systems, and operating philosophy of assigned customer(s). Ensures flawless execution of business plans and programs.
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Develops Annual Business Plan with customer, broker, and system input that outline key strategies and initiatives for Coca-Cola growth within customer's management.
- Accountable for the annual business plan results and marketing activities to deliver volume, revenue, profit, and customer satisfaction commitments made to all stakeholders during business acquisition and/or stewardship planning.
- Responsible for forecasting and managing to budget.
- Effectively manage trade spend budget to deliver plan at assigned customers within brand pricing strategies.
- Responsible/Owner of Rolling Estimate volume, revenue, and gross profit forecast for assigned customers, including monthly routine for changes with finance, commercial leadership, and Acosta.
- Grows customer satisfaction, maintains win/win business relationship, and ensures effective communication with all key buying influences.
- Manages communication with internal, broker, and customer network to ensure constant application of strategies as outlined in the Annual Business Plan and flawless execution of programs.
- Aligns system resources to implement marketing programs according to plan, schedule, and budget.
- Acts as a system-wide customer expert to ensure that the Coca-Cola system understands customer(s) objectives, strategies, positioning, and needs and that Company programs are consistent with their needs.
- Responsible for problem solving operational or executional issues with customers or broker.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related background required.
Related Work Experience:
- 5 to 7 years of progressive responsibility with customer headquarter account management in large consumer goods organization.
- Complex selling knowledge with proven ability to create and sell-in customer specific promotional programs & key initiatives.
- Business development planning experience.
- Proven ability to manage needs and concerns of multiple stakeholders across various business systems.
- Strong communication skills to maintain customer and internal relationships
Monitor Plan/Execution Progress:
- Monitor plan and execution progress to resolve any plan variances and provide accurate communication to stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of the drivers of the business and levers to adjust if plans are off track. Within this functional skill one would want to consider the following - forecasting, execution, gap solving, etc.
- Develops and employs plans that ensure execution of critical initiatives
- Utilization of beverage knowledge (trends, category constructs, etc.) to determine the most effective AMPS to accelerate revenue and profits across all stakeholders
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.