Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better
Responsible for testing products for quality; troubleshoots and resolves technical problems from the product line/process to minimize reject levels; sets up and operates production equipment in accordance with manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
Function Specific Activities:
The Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Perform production activities for equipment set-up, package filling and labeling, and records retention using the Coca-Cola Quality System Guidelines in order to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain the plant's manufacturing equipment in satisfactory condition (eg, clean and sanitize tanks and pipe routings, maintain conveyor belts, hook up and load raw material delivery tankers, clean work areas)according to company GMP policies and procedures in order to assure the quality of the manufactured product.
• Move raw materials and finished product (eg, syrup, concentrate, parts, point-of-sale) within the warehouse or other production facilities using forklifts or other warehouse equipment in order to supply production and/or facilitate shipping. Inspect facility (eg, production, warehouse, service/installation) to assure adherence to safety and operating policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) using company policies and procedures. Implement, evaluate, and maintain effective application of the Coca-Cola Quality System in order to ensure product quality as defined by company requirements. Calculate production yields and scrap quantities in order to accurately record material usage variances.
• Perform microbiological testing of incoming ingredients, treated water and finished product.Perform ingredient receiving and incoming trailer inspection.
• Communicate with peers and others to exchange feedback on products/service issues, identify and/or solve problems, assess needs and or/achieve business results.
• Identify activities not in accordance with company policies and procedures and inform appropriate parties.
• Ensure appropriate documentation and retention of statistics in relation to execution against policies, procedures and standards.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Available to work overtime and/or flexible shift hours when required.
• Have good attendance and punctuality. Being in work area at scheduled shift start time.
• Takes initiative and has accountability for the quality and effectiveness of own work.
• Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Have working knowledge of production and warehousing. Able to safely operate a forklift and perform physical tasks including lifting and pushing /pulling (up to 55 lbs.)
• Demonstrated commitment to development of skills. Works well in a team environment, across functional boundaries
• Able to identify equipment and operational problems.
• Perform basic trouble shooting tasks# High Level of Individual Responsibility Skills
• 2 years of manufacturing and/or shipping experience preferred.
• Education: High School Diploma/GED equivalent Experience: At least 2 years Selection Process:
• Leadership interview and Assessment review, based on stated requirements.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.