Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Finance Services Manager will lead support for the calculation of the monthly and quarterly Revenue Incidence Pricing cash settlements between the Franchise Bottlers and CCNA for both the Sparkling and Still bottler delivered business. This support encompasses providing business consulting, implementing best practices and productivity improvements, and successfully collaborating with a cross functional team (Franchise Finance and our Bottling Partners). Supporting Franchise Finance directly to ensure accuracy of the program elements.
This position requires subject matter expertise in the following areas: Variance analysis, Data
Consolidation, SAP (journal voucher preparation and data extraction,) preparing Annual Business Plan
(ABP) and monthly Rolling Estimates (REs), familiarity with GAAP and internal controls policy, and
updating Sarbanes-Oxley program narratives. Advanced Excel, presentation, and communication skills
are a must, with proven track record in building partnerships with other organizations.
- Calculate and facilitate Monthly and Quarterly IP cash settlements for our IP Franchise Bottlers.
- Prepare monthly accounting close, journal entries, rebate tracking and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage relationships with internal (FCL) and external (Franchise Bottlers) client partners
- Research and resolve any issues identified from both internal clients and franchise bottlers.
- Prepare IP related supplemental reports, information, and documentation as required.
- Develop, maintain, and use financial models, templates, strategic and operational measures and software
- Prepare IP rolling estimate by collecting and evaluating all available actual, forecast, risk/opportunity information, operating management direction and revising as appropriate.
- Identify and analyze variances between plans and/or results and business unit commitment.
- Ensure that contracts with bottlers are administered in compliance with the established terms of the agreement.
- Maintain and support marketing contracts (rolling estimates, payments, planning etc) for Franchise Bottlers
Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of experience.
Minimum Required: 7 Years of experience
- Data Extraction. Ability to extract and query data from internal systems (e.g., MATRIX and SAP). Data will be used to generate quarterly IP payments.
- Basic Accounting Principles. Knowledge of basic accounting principles (e.g., debit and credit) around transactional processes (e.g., accruals, and marketing programs).
- Reconciliation: Ability to compare data from various data sources and identify inconsistencies or variances.
- Advanced Financial Analysis: Ability to perform financial analyses to assist in exploring strategic options, developing creative solutions to complex business issues, and/or supporting decision-making. This includes the ability to design and perform unique analyses that require the application of single or multiple financial and non-financial concepts and tools (e.g., NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, contribution, economic analyses, loss projection, exposure analysis, risk assessment, implications to strategic position) and the ability to understand and explain data relationships.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: Ability to develop pivot tables, complex formulas (Sumif, Vlookup, HLookup). Manipulate a large amount of data within spreadsheets to perform advanced financial analysis and create various financial models.
- Business Planning / Rolling Estimate Process: The ability to apply forecasting techniques and skills to develop and evaluate business goals and strategies, analyzing information to derive insights and implications to initiate planning and/or re-planning, and controlling actual results versus budget.
- Financial Systems and Processes: Ability to research financial systems and processes (e.g., journal vouchers) to resolve issues.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of international, U.S. or local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This includes the ability to apply these principles and determine compliance with the principles.
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.