Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Sprite/Flavors Design Manager, reporting to the Group Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) Director, is responsible for leading and advancing the vision for design in North America and its role in creating integrated marketing content and visual identity systems for billion dollar brands in the sparkling flavors portfolio inclusive of, but not limited to, Sprite. He/she leads the concept creation and development of brand design assets, retail point of sale design, brand experiences, packaging and equipment design. The Design Manager also supports our Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) team in collaborating with content managers, brand managers and integrated project teams to deliver design leadership and builds the Company's design capability. He/she uses every opportunity to use design to drive strategies, leverage scale and create things that people love.
• Leads the strategy and design vision for sparkling flavors brands across all consumer touch points, from innovative product packaging to brand experiences and retail execution.
• Thinks, creates and executes brand design strategy in a multidimensional and multi-platform fashion to ensure end to end creative excellence from sell in to shelf.
• Collaborates with teams composed of multi-disciplinary backgrounds ranging from brand marketing, design, engineering and consumer research to ensure consumer and brand focus.
• Manages design projects and design content creation through both external agencies, directing junior design staff members and through hands-on tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Develops concepts and creative strategies that fulfill objectives of category, concept and brief. Collaborates with IMC Content Team to ensure holistic brand storytelling.
• Presents and communicates design solutions with clarity, effectively selling in ideas to leadership and a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Directs variety of creative resources (agencies, freelancers, writers, photographers, etc.) on creative execution to ensure holistic creative excellence. Identifies opportunities of improvement and change. Initiates own proposals/projects.
• Drives a common point of view around design for The Coca-Cola Company both internally and externally. Seeks out design trends, processes, agencies, etc. that can inform and drive innovation across our brands and world class results.
• Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project life-cycle. Provide project plans, cost estimates, and status / progress reports to leadership team. Partner with project work-stream leaders to ensure project is moving forward within specified guidelines, requirements, timeline and budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Proven design expertise and credentials: inspiring and directing both internal and external design resources.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver project with business stewardship across internal and external functional groups, teams and stakeholders.
• Ability to galvanize support for ideas through excellent influencing and communication skills.
• Results oriented with ability to multi-task; comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Communicate effectively with executives, sponsors and succeed via influencing rather than direct authority.
• Comfortable in a multicultural and fast-paced work environment.
• 5 or more years of related work experience
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.