The Quality Assurance Manager is a key member of the Ballina Leadership Team which develops and implements the strategic direction for the organisation as a world class manufacturing operation in line with the vision of Commercial Products Supply (CPS) and The Coca-Cola Company.
The Quality Assurance Manager directs the planning, coordination, management and control of all the Quality functions within the plant including Formulations, Process Quality Assurance, Packaging, Laboratory, Environmental, Safety, Security, Water Treatment and Waste Water Treatment plus the implementation of the Quality Systems. Ensures the compliance of the policies, procedures, practices and norms of the Company to maintain a high degree of quality and food safety in the supply chain.
· As a key member of the Ballina Leadership Team, contribute to the overall strategic planning and day to day management of the operation leading to the development of a World Class Manufacturing Operation.
· Ensure that Food Safety, Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems are in place and comply with Company and Regulatory Requirements. This includes the management of the Water Treatment and Effluent Pre-Treatment operations, plus the responsibility for Security and Waste Management contracts.
· Ensure that Raw Material, Packaging and Product Quality meet Company and Business Requirements.
· Ensure that Formula and Technical Master Data Management, together with Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Management, meet Company and Business Requirements.
· Ensure that the Quality Assurance Function has the capability and expertise to deliver the required business support.
· Develop and maintain a strong technical network with key Company and business stakeholders.
· Manage the Budget, identify cost effective strategies and drive Value Creation and Lean Initiatives.
· Work with Corporate Management to develop, interpret, and apply Food Safety and Quality plus Safety and Environmental Policies.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
· A minimum of 10 years' experience in a high tech, large volume, manufacturing environment, typically beverages, pharmaceutical, food or healthcare.
· 3 years' experience in a senior management position as head of a Quality Assurance function.
· Management of multi-disciplinary technical quality teams.
· Fully familiar with all regulatory and best practice with regards to the following: quality system development (e.g. TCCQS, ISO, HACCP); statistical process control training and application; developing and implementing quality improvement programs; compliance and system auditing; knowledge of GMP and development and/or validation of manufacturing or laboratory processes or in food product development or regulatory role.
· Strong communication, leadership, problem solving, planning and execution, project management, performance management, systems thinking, and strategic planning skills are required.
· Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and implement them using individual and cross-functional team projects. Technical skills should include regulatory requirements, formula management, beverage and process technology, quality systems, process improvement, auditing, statistics and validation protocols.
· Management across a multi-functional and global organization.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing, listening, team work and building value-based relationships.
· Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, with ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting demands.
· Degree in Science subject, preferably Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology or similar.
· M. Sc or PhD preferred.
· Establish a worldwide network of contacts within the Company with broad culture diversity. This includes other concentrate plants around the world, Corporate, Customers (bottlers), Divisions and Suppliers.
· Ability to work within multi-cultural organisation and to leverage diversity.
- As a key member of the Ballina Leadership Team, works with the General Manager (GM) and the Leadership Team to set and achieve the plant's strategic and operational goals.
- Contacts include the CPS General Manager and Directors, as well as GM's and Leadership Teams of the other concentrate plants worldwide.
- Significant contact with Corporate senior manager in the Quality functions.
- Other functional contacts throughout TCCC- approvals, reports, projects, technical support.
- Corporate Quality
· This position requires approximately 10-15% travel within CPS to support business needs.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.