Position Overview:To lead a team of team of 11 permanent operators and Temps where applicable in the Liquid small batch make & Fill section. To ensure efficient work planning and allocation to achieve maximized effectiveness and productivity on the line whilst ensuring compliance to Quality, GMP, Food Safety, Safety and Environmental standards.
Function Specific Activities:
- Lease with Finite scheduler, mixing and filling teams to effectively be able to draw up a plan (weekly and daily) for the work that ensures maximum utilization and efficiency of all Liquid operations.
- Be able to control, direct and measure the performance of the team on a daily basis, make timely decisions on plan changes and resourcing per work stream.
- Ensure that all procedures are followed on the line and that change, or improvements are effected through formal procedures
- Daily Monitor and Audit process lines to drive the Coca-Cola culture in adherence to procedures
- Be familiar with the production schedule and be able to interpret schedule loading as well as routings in the various work-centers.
- Be familiar with all Liquid filling operations and be able to carry out all duties in all stations.
- Be able to check and approve PI sheets, labels etc
- Be able to manage WIP area vs PI sheet requirements
- Plan and allocate man power per work station ensuring adequate resources are available inclusive of on time additional resources are approved
- Ensure all department overtime is tracked and shared by the issuing operator on duty
- Ensure all in process verifications and controls due by him and team are done accurately and timely e.g label approvals cleaning schedules and equipment verification checks
- Ensure Finite plan is shared and tracked in com center
- Ensure com center and department meetings are updated timely with applicable metrics
- Ensure overall GMP of areas is up to quality, safety, food safety and environmental standards
- Ensure all programs have departmental champions and are supported
- Ensure department leave is properly planned for and executed accordingly
- Ensure all training (for new and old associates) for the team are planned for and executed as per training needs and tracked
- Technical Tertiary Qualification or Equivalent
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Knowledge & experience in Liquid Manufacturing Processes an added advantage
**NB** Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not be contacted within 10 days of the deadline (Friday 22nd February 2019), please consider your application unsuccessful.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.