This temporary position is a key role within the Process Quality Assurance (PQA) Team in Ballina Beverages with responsibility for monitoring, assessment and the raising of Compliance standards of the plants' Quality and Food safety management systems. The successful candidate will strive to ensure Quality Assurance is built into all key processes through training, validation, and risk assessment of systems, equipment and processes. This role involves working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that all Compliance levels are obtained and all certifications achieved. This role will involve shift work therefore flexibility is required. This role is based in Ballina, Co. Mayo and reports to the PQA Manager.
· Support the achievement of all relevant Certifications (ISO certification 9001 (2015), 22000)
· Play a key role in the implementation, assessment and improvement of Quality and Food Safety management systems.
· Validate new processes and equipment in the plant to ensure compliance to Quality and Food Safety requirements.
· Support the Compliance drive to develop systems that meet the intent of all relevant regulations / requirements (KORE etc)
· Support key stakeholders, enhancing their knowledge and experiences of QA practices and procedures.
· Support key Operational activities from a Food Safety & Quality point of view.
· Good knowledge of GMP, hygiene and food safety requirements (HACCP).
· Food Technology/Chemical/Microbiological/Engineering knowledge and experience desirable.
· Analytical approach with good problem solving skills.
· Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP).
· Food Safety / Quality / Management System knowledge and experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Diploma or Degree in a Science or Engineering related discipline.
· Experience of Quality processes/programmes in the Food Industry
· Experience of Quality practises and standards.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.