Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
This position reports to the Vice President U.S. Sales, 7-Eleven Global Customer Team and is primarily responsible for managing and stewarding our U.S. partnership with 7-Eleven (headquarters, licensees, franchisees) and company personnel for Coca-Cola's U.S. dispensed beverage business and for field execution of Coca-Cola's bottle/can business in the Western U.S. This position is directly responsible for managing, leading, and developing a dedicated team of 3 Account Executive III's and a cross functional support team in Operations, Finance and Shopper Marketing. This position will be responsible for the development, implementation and tracking of the U.S. dispensed business plan, as well as leading bottle/can execution in the Western half of the U.S. and continuously building the capabilities of the assigned geographic customer team to be a sophisticated, world class selling organization.
Critical Criteria Requirements:
· Customer Management Experience
· Capability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
· Demonstrated success with large and complicated negotiations
· Capability to lead, motivate and develop team members
· Exceptional influencing and persuasion skills
· Short-term and long-term strategic planning and execution skills
Function Specific Activities:
Conduct regular business reviews with customers to monitor relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business, operational and/or personal value created for the customer by The Coca-Cola Company.
• Write Annual Business Plan (APB) for specific customer, group of customers or geography to forecast volume, revenue and expense.
• Prepare a volume and expense, risk and opportunities rolling estimate per published schedule to forecast accurate end-of-year business results and highlight potential risks and opportunities.
• Participate in contract negotiations/re-negotiations with customer & KO System to formalize the agreement.
• Communicate changes or corrections to rolling estimates to The Coca-Cola Company.
• Lead the Frozen innovation strategy and execution with broad cross functional support inclusive but not limited to shopper insights, brand, R&D, and shopper marketing
• Secure resource commitments from both the customer/bottler/distributor and The Coca-Cola Company to develop and execute the project plan.
• Orchestrate the deployment of resources from Coca-Cola and customer systems (e.g., people, information, financial, management information system) to assure profitable growth for customer and Coca-Cola system.
• Meet with Category Managers and Product Directors to build relationships and gain their support and commitment to various initiatives/programs.
• Confirm your understanding of customers business needs, issues faced and opportunities with various customer contacts to develop viable solutions.
• Analyze potential competitive activities and responses to alternative solutions (e.g., pricing decisions, equipment and marketing programs) to refine best alternative solutions and develop contingency plans.
• Monitor customer contractual agreements to deliver customer strategic, operational and personal value creation, profit, revenue, volume and share objectives for portfolio.
• Schedule and attend entertainment activities (e.g., dinners, sporting events, golf outings) with key customer contacts to understand personal values, open lines of communication and discuss business matters in non-office environment
• Provide information to the Coca-Cola system by communicating local competitive activity, customer feedback/needs and market place successes to assist other Coca-Cola associates in identifying similar customer opportunities.
• Create unique/innovative alternatives through use of appropriate internal and external resources (e.g., marketing, sales centers of excellence, suppliers, bottlers, alliances, consultants and agencies) to identify potential new revenue streams for Coca-Cola North America.
• Expand Coca Cola North America's (CCNA) beverage footprint through the alignment of customer needs to Coca-Cola Innovation (example CCFS)
• Lead and collaborate with assigned Bottling partners and Product Supply to ensure understanding and execution of retailer strategies.
• Manage, develop and build capabilities of assigned National Account Executive team.
• Provide written and verbal encouragement to associates to build confidence and motivate them.
• Recognize and/or reward associates for accomplishments versus planned objectives to encourage desired behavior and deliver superior business results.
Minimum Required: BS/BA (or equivalent)
Preferred Level: MS/MA/MBA (or equivalent)
• 10+ years of experience to include 7 years general management experience with large consumer package goods organization and 7 years progressive customer management and sales leadership experience (including people leadership).
• Advancing the Customer Relationship: Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer. Includes the ability to actively listen and engage in conversation with customers to uncover relevant information, resources and solutions.
• Annual Business Plan: Ability to prepare and implement annual business plan for customer/territory.
• Application of Brand Knowledge: Ability to integrate Coca-Cola brands with customers' brands using brand knowledge.
• Connecting Marketing Programming to Customer/Market Opportunity: Ability to determine relevance of national programs to local customers and markets.
• Collaborating for Value Process and Tools Application: Ability to apply KO tools and processes (i.e., Meeting Plan, Value Proposition, etc.) and demonstrate a deep and personal commitment to create premier customer relationships.
• Collaborating for Value Process and Tools Knowledge: Knowledge of KO processes and tools (i.e., Collaborating for Value, KO Customer Approach, Relationship Driver Model, Stewardship) used to sell products and services to our customers.
• Collaborating for Value Process and Tools Modeling: Ability to use KO tools and processes (i.e., Call Plan) to reinforce Connecting with Customers to other KO employees.
• Contract Procedures: Knowledge of contract procedures, negotiations and Coca-Cola system approval processes. Ability to understand and interpret customer contracts.
• Customer Knowledge (Business): Knowledge of the customer's business priorities, values and preferences (i.e., business culture, business background, key business objectives and priorities, key business challenges and strengths). Ability to gain customer knowledge by applying Collaborating Value selling technologies.
• Customer Relationship Transition: Ability to develop & maintain business to business relationships & transfer personal equity
• Customized Marketing Research Analysis and Application Capability: Ability to understand the results of custom research data and the ability to explain the data to customers/bottlers in a way that is meaningful to their business needs.
• Forecasting: Ability to identify & understand patterns & interconnectivity of relevant data (i.e. customers, consumer trends, marketplace info, economic information, industry trends, future business trends, soft drink & other industry information) to predict business performance & market trends for a customer portfolio or a specific geographic territory.
• Marketing Concept Knowledge: Knowledge of the basic marketing concepts (i.e., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis and competitive strategies to include competitive scope, strategic intent and market share objectives, competitive positioning, strategic posture, segmentation (channels) and competitive strategy).
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.