Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Understand the blow process “Sequence of Operation”.
- Efficiently and effectively operate blow mold equipment and bottle quality verification equipment.
- Understand, monitor, and acknowledge quickly address machine malfunction alarms.
- Able to access machine reports, alarm log, and system monitoring pages from the operator console(s).
- Understand the purpose and operation of the machine oven.
- Understands the machine oven lamp configuration and corresponding bottle attributes affected.
- Understands the relationship between the physical attributes of the preform and the machine oven zone temperature adjustments in the correct production of quality bottles.
- Able to correctly adjust the machine recipe to produce quality bottles.
- Understands bottle defects - causes and solutions (pearlescent or opalescence appearance, excess material at base, base off-center, over-stretched foot, deformed neck, etc.
- Able to diagnose and correct operational issues, such as broken oven lamps, incorrectly fed preforms, discharge jams, and other operational performance issues.
- Monitors machine performance and quickly identify incorrect machine performance and implement first-level troubleshooting to implement corrective measures.
- Correctly and efficiently set-up and change-over the blow mold and all associated equipment to minimize line changeover times.
- Operate and monitor bottle preform supply system and equipment.
- Maintain adequate supply of preforms to the blow mold machine.
- Maintain accurate records and logs, as required.
- Perform all production quality checks, as required.
- Bottle section weights
- Base clearance
- Visual Appearance
- Thread finish
- Burst testing
- Preform weights
- Analyzes test results, machine error messages, and information in order to diagnose equipment problems.
- Assist maintenance technicians in the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Performs operator-based preventive maintenance on mechanical systems to include disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Work directly with maintenance personnel, line personnel and management in problem solving to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Communicates with management, engineers, mechanics, and equipment operators to advise them if there are any potential mechanical hazards.
- Keeps the management informed of all issues which may affect the operational capability of the area processes and equipment.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) in the execution of the production work schedule. Ensures the area is maintained in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Attends meetings and supports continuous improvement initiatives.
- Makes recommendations for system improvement.
Measurement of Position Performance
The Blow Mold / Filler Operator is measured in the performance of his/her duties and execution of assigned responsibilities by:
- Ability to do the work of the Machine Operator - Blow Mold position without more than normal supervision.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the operation, capabilities, and limitations of assigned production equipment and processes. Knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical systems, etc.
- Knowledge of safety, environmental, and security regulations, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of regulations, procedures, and policies related to records maintenance and documentation.
- Skill in detecting and correcting bottle quality issues.
- Ability to quickly and correctly changeover the equipment.
- To ensure blow mold and associated equipment are operated in a safe, efficient and correct manner.
- Produce quality bottles on demand to support production goals.
- Promote and provide a safe work environment for all assigned personnel in the production area.
- Reports to the manufacturing supervisor.
- Works closely with maintenance supervision.
- Works closely with maintenance associates.
- Maintains good working relationships with other organizational units in the plant.
- Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within 60 working days of start date
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to visually identify defective parts
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
- Must be able to work flexible shift schedules up to 12-hour shifts as determined by business need
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.