Job Description Summary
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Account Executive I will work with integrated customer team to manage key aspects of the business relationship with Kroger HQ. A well-qualified associate will lead the HQ relationship for a portion of Coca-Cola's DSD portfolio with Kroger HQ. The position is in Cincinnati, OH and reports to the VP of DSD Sales - Kroger Team.
Develops and implements Joint Annual Business Plans which support key business objectives for Kroger's 20+ Large Store divisions for select DSD Categories. Ensures flawless execution of programs throughout the system with Kroger's Divisions and Bottler Account Executives.
- Grows level of customer satisfaction, maintains win/win business relationship, and ensures effective communication with all key buying influences
- Manages communication with Bottling system to ensure consistent application of strategies and flawless execution of programs as outlined in the Annual Business Plan
- Identify and understand patterns and interconnectivity of relevant data (i.e., customers, consumer trends, marketplace information, economic information, industry trends, future business trends, soft drink and other industry information) to predict business performance and market trends to support assigned DSD categories
- Aligns system resources and collaborates cross-functionally to implement marketing and operational programs according to plan, schedule and budget
- Acts as a system-wide customer expert to ensure that the Coca-Cola system understands Kroger objectives, strategies, positioning and needs and that Company programs are consistent with their needs
- Responsible for problem solving operational or executional issues with customer and/or bottlers
- 3-5 years in consumer goods industry.
- Minimum of 2 years in sales/marketing and account management.
- Experience working with Nielsen and other syndicated data.
- Experience in developing successful annual business plans and price/package for retail customers.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Above average computer skills.
- Two years in the Coca-Cola system
- Working knowledge of Market6, 84.51, CTM/CMA/channel pricing systems
- Experience using UFP and KAEPs
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.