Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Lead strategic initiatives and capability building efforts for the Walmart / Sam's Club Global Customer team. Partner with both Walmart US and Sam's Club US sales teams to identify strategic, mutually beneficial long-term growth opportunities for the retailer and Coca-Cola through the ongoing management of our CBP process. Lead our sales-facing category team and support the development of analytical tools required to support our sales efforts across both the Walmart US and Sam's Club US teams. Support the Walmart Customer Team President and broader cross-functional Leadership Team to ensure Coca-Cola is seen by Walmart as being their most valued supplier partner.
- Lead the development and execution of office-wide strategic capability building programs and act as primary contact with Sales Capability Group to steward utilization and mastery of C4V and KO Commitment capabilities across our Customer team.
- Steward development and utilization of strategic data insights required to support customer engagements that influence retailer to grow beverage categories across markets. Principal among these is responsibility for the ongoing development and evolution of our Collaborative Business Planning (CBP) process with the Customer, working in partnership with respective Sales leads and supporting functions (i.e., Knowledge and Insights, Shopper Marketing).
- Play an active role in annual plan achievement by helping to build and execute strategies that are aligned with CBP. Partner directly with Customer and Commercial Leadership and Bottlers to ensure effective use of real-time data analytics that support execution of CBP strategies.
- Serve as internal Coca-Cola “Walmart expert” and provide input on customer strategies/insights to inform ongoing Commercial Strategies for year over year growth while also facilitating interaction with key commercial and brand partners to drive value with Walmart.
- Support the Customer Team President and serve as active member of the Customer Leadership Team by driving strategic initiatives that span across the enterprise (inclusive of Commercial Leadership, Supply Chain, Franchise Leadership, Field Execution, etc.).
- Lead planning and execution of key strategic interactions across our System (i.e., Global Bottler Meetings, Market visits, Senior Leadership visits, etc.).
- Act as primary contact with Coca-Cola IT to ensure technology assets and systems are in place to support growing analytical demands required by the Customer.
Education: Min Required: BS/BA (or equivalent) / Preferred Level: MS/MA/MBA (or equivalent)
Experience: Min Required:
- 3-5 years progressive customer relationship/management experience
- 1-2 years cross-functional experience outside of Sales (e.g., K&I, Commercial Leadership, Category Leadership, Supply Chain, Field Execution)
- 1 year of CBP/C4V leadership experience
- 5-7 years progressive customer relationship/management and sales leadership experience
- 2-3 years cross-functional experience outside of Sales (e.g., K&I, Commercial Leadership, Category Leadership, Supply Chain, Field Execution)
- 2+ years of CBP/C4V leadership experience
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.