Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Our mission: To become our customer's #1 resource by leading with technology, executing flawless modular work, and delivering actionable insights.
We are looking for the right person to manage Space Planning work with the world's largest customer, for the world's greatest beverage company. This will be a person who is fluent in current space tools like JDA Space Planning, CKB, and Planogram Generator. This person will speak up in meetings, challenge the status quo, and share their own ideas. This person can apply next generation analytical approaches and technology to automate the well-known, discover the unknown, and translate their discoveries into pragmatic application. We are looking to revolutionize a static and traditional industry and need someone with both capability and courage. Respectfully questioning everything is both acceptable and encouraged.
A critical role for our company, this position will lead the modular work across multiple categories, coordinate with 3rd parties, manage the relationship with the Walmart Space Team, prioritize a significant workload, and execute deliverables accurately and on time. Successfully meeting these objectives will assure Coca-Cola maintains our current position with our customer as an objective category consultant.
- Manage the modular relay process for all beverage categories where Coca-Cola has Category Captaincy
- Manage existing space & category management software / tools to ensure latest versions are being utilized and steward any technology upgrades needs, e.g. Space Planning, Planogram Generator, Floor Planning (JDA), CKB (Category Knowledge Base), Space tools supplemental customization, Batch Printing, IMPro/Image Library, Planogram Central, etc.
- Engage in relevant training and industry seminars to build knowledge around available software, tools & technology
- Partner with the Category Advisors to strengthen the Category Advisory relationship Coca-Cola has with Walmart beverage buyers and support team
- Work with Shopper Insights and Space Management teams to develop valuable category recommendations based on modular analytics
- Provide beverage category expertise via engaging dialogue, modular analytics and workflow management with customer
- Manage and utilize proprietary Coca-Cola tools and resources to achieve broader analysis of business and category trends
- Lead and develop direct report(s), catalyzing their professional growth and accomplishment
- Experience creating disruptive innovation that streamlines processes and allows for focus on the work that matters most
- Proven history of innovation and continuous improvement in advanced analytics
- Demonstrated bias toward leveraging latest technologies to modernize current category management practices
- Expert-level capability in JDA Space Planning, with JDA Planogram Generator experience preferred OR aptitude in Visual Studio, SQL, etc. programming
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Successful candidates will possess:
- Insatiable curiosity
- Familiarity with failure, but never comfortable with it
- Selfless, team-oriented predisposition
- Willingness to respectfully challenge conventional thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Proactive engagement in critical business matters
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.