Position Overview:This role will be responsible for defining the best shopping experience and picture of success to drive volume and revenue growth at the point of sale using consumer and shopper insights. This role will also lead the immediate consumption channels development and growth that has been identified in Morocco business plan as the n°1 source of recruitment and incremental revenue growth in the main consumption occasion (Meals). The immediate consumption channels scope will cover fast foods local chains and high end, leisure parks, cinemas, malls and food courts and high end restaurants and cafes. The objective will be to track our performance against competition and win the fight of customers recruitment, conversion and retention in a profitable and sustainable way
Function Specific Activities:
Provides analysis and delivery of shopper and/or consumer marketing services and programs within assigned segments and/or geographies; observes and studies shoppers at the point of sale; monitors current shopping trends and patterns to identify new marketing opportunities; assists in developing strategies and programs to improve in-store communication and marketing for each assigned category and channel. Individual contributor with comprehensive knowledge in specific area; ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects.
- Based on different customer, channel, shopper , consumer and brand insights, build sustainable channel & shopper marketing strategies to engage with the shopper in the path to purchase.
- Work closely with the BU Commercial, BOTTLER and the Marketing team to ensure those initiatives contribute to our growth targets , our brand healthy and the customer needs, making KO System a preferred customer´s partner.
- Lead immediate consumption channels (fast foods local chains, leisure parks, cafes, malls & food courts) development through strong strategies and plans
1. Assess and design shopper marketing strategies to create ritual that drives habits.
- Utilize existing consumer, shopper and customer tools to understand the shopper in the path to purchase (e.g. Consumer Beverage Landscape, SONAR, retail audit data, household panel data, Point of Sale data, etc.)
- Works closely with the Marketing team , BOTTLER trade marketing and the C&CL department to ensure the shopper insights are translated into robust strategies and initiatives to drive growth value.
- Lead and review the Picture of Success for the different opportunity bundles in both Traditional and Modern trade (Cat Man)
- Work closely with the KA Customer Director in the Hard Discounts/Carrefour/Cinema´s Shopper Plans.
- Leverage technology evolution to enable more shopper/customer engagement and drive DMI efficiency
- Develop tools to tracks PICOS investments effectiveness and efficiency on business results, shopper experience and edge building vs NARTD competitors
2. Identify and develop new and existing Immediate Consumption (IC) channels/service models to capture untapped opportunities.
- Based on trend analysis, customer needs , shopper and consumer behaviour, identify and build a plan to capture new revenue opportunities whether is a new channel ( e.g. dry outlets) or a new service model for the trade(e.g cashless payment, home delivery.)
- Lead IC channels development and engage with the IC local customers to build a sustainable relationship and exclusive deals to recruit consumers and build habit in Away from home occasions
- Closely track competition IC strategies and plans and fight to stop their expansion and recruit/convert new customers
3. Ensure best in class development and execution of Brand/KA plans.
- Work together with the Marketing team, KA teams and BOTTLER trade marketing to translate brand programs to the shop floor.
- Jointly with Marketing Team and BOTTLER trade marketing define a shopper marketing communication and merchandising strategy to capture the different brand and occasion opportunities.
- Benchmark, collect and share learnings from / with Global and other groups, other FMCG or non FMCG brands, new players and provide a POV on the value they could bring to our plan.
- Identify the best partner (agencies) to develop shopper plans that capture shopper marketing opportunities.
- Jointly with the Commercial Execution Manager create sales force tools to guarantee a best in class execution of the shopper plans.
4. Build Shopper tool kits for Brands and channels following the shopper patch to purchase methodology
5. Lead System capability building in “Shopper Marketing and Merchandising” via diagnostic sessions, training workshops and development plans.
- Will be required to interact with, present, persuade and influence Coca-Cola System (Mid & Senior level managers/directors at Company & Bottler) on various Shopper Marketing Initiatives & Plans and advanced market analytics.
- Interactions will often require building strong arguments & perseverance to drive business buy-in and agenda.
- Will interact with BOTTLER senior managers for buy-in and cooperation.
- Development of analysis of customer business building opportunities and programs/services, including insights of basket analysis, consumption occasions, shopping missions , category performance, etc.
- Together with System Commercial, development of new common advanced analytical business processes and Systems to measure and evaluate business performance.
- Together with commercial teams, develop Coca-Cola System understanding of the implications, benefits and rationale for implementing new technologies, processes and Systems.
- Understand System strengths and weakness, conduct thorough analysis, to set business priorities.
- This position will pioneer System wide thinking and expertise in the area of acting. Thus the analysis should lead to actionable recommendations which the person can diffuse and get support for throughout the System
- Defining actionable recommendations for BOs senior Sales Teams
- Identifies value creation initiatives and connects them with the local strategies and plans
- Identify and set up the adequate shopper analytic tools.
- Understand how technology is changing the way we engage with shoppers and propose actions.
- Be curious about innovative and upcoming channels/new service models that are skewed to technology (e.g.Delivery) and propose strategies / actions.
- Works internally and with various stakeholders, leveraging global best practices to create locally relevant practices
- FMCG Commercial & Customer, preferably in Beverages
- Key Account/Customer Management is a must
- Shopper, Channel or Customer Marketing K&I background is a plus
- 8 years experience
- University/Bachelor's Degree
- Fluent in Arabic and English language
- 8+ years of successfully demonstrated strategy development, customer development, shopper or customer marketing, data analytics, and/or project management skills.
- Proven thought leadership in the ability to properly blend various kinds of analysis and data sources to craft action-oriented recommendations that drive business growth.
- Proven ability to influence people and align resources toward a common strategic goal, leveraging best-in-class approaches and methodologies while fine-tuning them to meet specific customer needs; ability to effectively interact and influence Sr Mgt.
- Proven ability to lead multiple simultaneous projects with challenging goals and objectives; proven ability to redirect resources according to needs.
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.