Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
- Provides thought leadership for account team in shaping direction Coca-Cola takes with the customer in regard to planning, pricing and trade management
- Leads annual customer conversation on planning, pricing and trade subjects
- Leads development of comprehensive multi-year & annual price package plans
- Works with Trade Spend Optimization team to implement the trade spend optimization principles within customer plan
- Stewardship of performance management routine for account leadership team
- Provides perspective on pricing & promotional ideas for gap closure vs. plan
- Partners with Sales Leadership & Finance on determining incremental trade investments and pricing exception requests for account base
- Provides input to Finance Forecast team on mid to long range implications, Trade Spend Checkbook deployment, and guidance on key promotional events
- Franchise Leadership role in gaining alignment for price/package/promotion plans across system bottling partners
- Lead Customer Annual Price Package Planning Process
- Stewards population of planning models - work with account managers to ensure that account plans meet overall category goals (Revenue/Profit) and are consistent with price architecture guardrails
- Connection point with Corporate/North America on inputs & direction for development of Customer Plan
- Stewards and gains alignment with bottlers on customer plans
- Linkage with Trade Spend Optimization -- Ensure that trade spend requirements are met and that event optimization guidance is reflected with customer plans
- Partners with Sales leadership on all multi-year / strategic customer planning - inclusive of non-price value added initiatives
Pricing & Trade Spend Stewardship:
- Evaluates price exception requests - accountable for conducting standardized analysis upon each event and determining business impact vs. plan for customer & implications within broader marketplace
- Partners with finance & sales leadership on determining incremental trade investment decisions that are within the Trade Budget and within pricing guardrails
- Partners with finance on submission of any exception requests that exceed trade spend budget OR violate pricing guardrails - accountable for representing customer team's business rationale during approval process
- Works with sales and finance forecast owners to build approved price exceptions request into the business forecast
Support Customer Performance Management Routine:
- Partners with Sales and Finance to steward management routine requirements -- Inclusive of interpretation of weekly standard reports, development of monthly stewardship sessions and quarterly / trimester business reviews.
- Scope of responsibility includes all relevant internal & syndicated marketplace data systems - Sales reporting (volume, pricing, gross profit), UPF, Nielsen, Ad view, customer specific systems
- Responsible for conducting gap vs. plan analysis against volume, pricing & gross profit opportunities
- Provides perspective on pricing & promotional ideas for closing gap vs. plan - develops fact-based evaluation of business impact for contingencies & gap solves
- Provides perspective and analysis on competition
- Partners with Finance on evaluation of accounts' full year trade spend balance - ensuring accuracy in capturing events spend levels; provides perspective back to sales leadership team on most effective means of deploying trade plan to maximize performance vs. category goals
• Bachelor's degree
• MBA or other graduate degree preferred
- (3) or more years of experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Experience in developing business plans / business cases; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Experience and comfort working directly with Customers
- Experienced in developing Pricing & Promotion structures
- Experience and comfort working directly with senior leaders; aligning senior execs w/ differing perspectives
- Collaborating with customer teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships at all organizational levels
- Effectively works independently with a strong sense of ownership for the results and adherence to Revenue Growth Management principles to drive results
- (8) or more years of experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Large Regional Customer Planning
- Customer/Sales management experience
- Price Package / Trade Fund Planning experience
- Influencing Independent Bottler Decisions
- Strong analytical skills - ability to draw insights and actions from data; ability to develop volumetric & financial models that can accommodate multiple inputs from diverse data sources and be used for scenario planning
- Extensive experience with price/package/promotion plan development & analytics
- Ability to lead complex analytical exercises/projects and which lead to actionable direction within the marketplace
- Working knowledge of key data systems: planning tools (e.g. Plan Advisor, Scenario Builder, TPO), syndicated marketplace information & data (e.g., Nielsen); forecasting systems (e.g. CAS, KAEP, UFP); internal financial & sales reporting; internal performance management & execution metrics
- Strong negotiating for value skills
- Experience developing and managing trade management programs
- Deep knowledge & experience base with core Coca-Cola data systems: planning tools (e.g. CAS, AIP, Scenario Builder, TPO, Plan advisor), syndicated marketplace information & data (e.g., Nielsen); forecasting systems (e.g. KAEP, UFP); internal financial & sales reporting; internal performance management & execution metrics
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.