Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Senior Manager, Shopper Connections Planning and Investment will be responsible for providing critical planning and thought-leadership across top priority customer connections plan development. This individual will report to the Director of Shopper Connections.
This role is also responsible for partnering with Customer Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Brand Marketers, Content Partners, Digital Platforms and Brand Connections Planning and Investment for determining how to best develop holistic Connections Plans and invest internal and external Customer expenditures (DME) to build best in class connection plans across paid, earned, owned, and shared connection points. This is done by understanding and interpreting shopper and consumer insights, communication strategy and thinking and industry and marketplace knowledge. A portion of their time will be understanding and developing proactive points of view on the evolving customer media network landscape, digital partner landscape and across most relevant shopper connection touchpoints landscape for best delivery today and into the future.
This person can link business strategy to communications strategy and translate the communication strategy into an optimal connections plan. This role also develops the connections strategy driving the selection of the right touchpoints across owned, earned, shared and paid channels for the best plan. They will also lead agency partner negotiations of the identified media investments across national and/or local media (Video, Audio, Digital, Search, Ecommerce, Social, Print, OOH, etc) and Customer Media Networks (In-Store, Ecommerce, etc).
Function Specific Activities:
- Interprets business and consumer data to develop insightful solutions to business problems. Translates business objectives and priorities into strategic briefs that guide the agency's direction.
- Experienced in strategy and architecture development, media planning and buying; management of investment strategy across online and offline channels.
- Lead and manage external agency partners. Serve as the day-to-day management of agency deliverables.
- Be the internal team's “go-to” for all shopper connection planning and investment questions and deliverables.
- Identify, design, negotiate, and execute integrated marketing media programs and work across internal cross-functional team leads across Content, Shopper, Public Affairs, Assets, Experiential, Legal, Business Affairs to flawlessly execute programs.
- Actively participate in key brand and customer cross-functional planning process for lead customers.
- Bachelor's Degree
Related Work Experience:
- 7 - 12 years
- Strategic thinking, strategy and brand development, marketing experience, has worked in areas of communication beyond paid media (e.g. Brand Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Shopper Marketing, etc.), experience in marketing and branding of lifestyle or entertainment brands, knowledge of data and programmatic buying, content/social media knowledge.
- Solid strategic thinking and ideation
- Project and relationship management skills
- Media planning and buying across omnichannel world (offline/online)
- Experience in working on a cross functional team
- Strong Leadership
- Strong Influencing Skills
- Strong Financial Acumen
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.