Position Overview:The main role of the Consumer Communication Manager is to be the strategic link between Coca-Cola and its Consumer Interaction Center (CIC). The Consumer Interaction Center or CIC is composed of a group of passionate communicators (outsourced but located in the Coca-Cola offices in Brussels & Rotterdam), whose daily task is to interact reactively and proactively with fans, consumers and stakeholders via social media, e-mail, the occasional paper letter, telephone or through our website. Listening to our consumers, answering questions or addressing concerns and engaging with our fans are crucial to the success of our company.
Today we are looking for a Consumer Communication Manager Benelux to take on the strategic lead of the CIC teams in Belux and the Netherlands and manage broader communication projects within the Belux Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability team, whose mission it is to protect & enhance the reputation of our brands, category and company, contributing to the future sustainable growth of the business.
Reports to the Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability (PACS) Director Coca-Cola Belgium & Luxembourg, with a dotted line to the PACS Director Coca-Cola Netherlands and the Digital Public Affairs & Communications director Western-Europe.
Travel Requirements: 20-25% (at least 1 day a week Rotterdam + occasionally Western-European Business Unit meetings related travel)
Function Specific Activities:
- Strategically lead and steer the different areas of consumer care expertise within the CIC - 17 people throughout the Benelux working in traditional consumer care, social consumer care & analysis and Corporate website (no direct people management, only strategic direction).
- Be the link between the business and the CIC. Work with marketing, public affairs, communications & sustainability, legal, other departments and external agencies to define the strategy and ensure the CIC delivers upon the requirements of the business.
- Lead the corporate digital communication agenda through our company website and social media channels working closely with the Communication Managers, the Corporate Content Manager (CIC) and the Social media manager (CIC).
- Manage certain communication projects related to company priorities such as our sustainability action plan This is Forward and our ambition to become a total beverage company in close collaboration with our bottler Coca-Cola European Partners.
- Agency & vendor management
- With the vendor responsible for the CIC Service Delivery in Benelux
- With digital & social media agencies supporting our communication agenda.
- Measure results, optimize reporting and communicate on achievements.
· Bachelor or master's degree in communications, journalism, literature, linguistics or similar
· Relevant experience (4 to 5 years) in consumer and/or marketing communication, showcasing skills of effective impact of messages towards consumers.
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills in English, Dutch and French.
· Strong track record in developing and managing a digital communications strategy towards consumers, incl. conversation management.
· Proven ability to influence people and align resources toward a common strategic goal, leveraging best-in-class approaches and methodologies while fine-tuning them to meet specific needs; ability to effectively interact and influence Sr Mgt.
· Social perceptiveness
· Resistance to stress
· Hands-on and problem solving
· Outstanding project management, agency management and organizational skills.
· People management
· Creative thinker
· Ability to manage corporate complexity
Everybody knows Coca-Cola. But only the best people work at The Coca-Cola Company. This is your chance: we are looking for someone who is ready to join us in turning our passion into action, someone who welcomes the challenges of managing a diverse portfolio of stakeholders & knows everything about consumer communication, someone who enjoys driving the growth of some of the world's most renowned brands.
Please submit your motivational letter in Dutch.
Veuillez telecharger votre lettre de motivation en neerlandais.
Stuur ons alsjeblieft je motivatiebrief in het Nederlands.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.