Position Overview:The Knowledge and Insights Director, PH-SIMA cluster is a senior Strategy and Insights role working closely with country Marketing and Commercial heads as well as the overall country heads (General Manager) for these markets ( Philippines, Singapore & Malaysia). It entails:
? Leading the identification and prioritization of key market/consumer/shopper/customer issues and growth opportunities
? Leading and managing a team of K&I personnel in these markets to deliver business priorities
? Advising and influencing key decision makers so that they can make informed risk-assessed decisions based on market insights
? Implementing / elevating Coca-Cola corporate insights practices as well as contribution to the development of the K&I function locally and regionally.
Function Specific Activities:
1.)Help develop the medium to long term strategies to achieve business goals for the Region/ Business Unit
- Develop where to play and how to win choices
- Determine the business model - type and frequency of innovation, marketing support models..
2.) Driving the growth strategy for the BU through unearthing of sharp, distinctive insights about the market, consumers/shoppers and customers and working with internal and external partners to help create and qualify new product/marketing/commercial ideas:
- Lead market assessment work for different product categories.
- Lead brainstorming sessions and idea labs in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Lead development and testing of propositions (including concepts, advertising, products, packaging etc)
- Creating and Qualifying a pipeline of product and commercial initiatives
3.)Deliver spend optimization insights:
- Partner with analytics vendors and regional/global teams to deliver insights from marketing mix modelling work.
- Work with the multifunctional teams ( Marketing, Commercial, Finance etc) to incorporate key optimization insights into the brand planning process
4.)Business tracking: Continuously monitor business performance , market trends and suggest interventions as required
5.)Manage direct reports to deliver business priorities. Coach and develop them.
6.)Continuously influence business decisions by leveraging market insights in key leadership meetings and decision making forums
7.)Support other key elements of the global/regional K&I agenda including but not limited to:
- Strategic Vendor Management
- Helping build capabilities within the K&I teams in ASEAN as well as the broader Marketing & Commercial organization.
- 15+ years of research experience in a Consumer Goods or a related industry.
- Proficient on technical knowledge and business application of research methodologies
- Strong understanding of marketing and sales principles.
- Broad understanding of ASEAN consumer & market trends.
- Leadership Skills
- envision and set direction on projects and execute with excellence
- influence senior leaders using insights knowledge to drive the right business actions
- Collaboration and ability to work and deliver in multi-cultural , multifunctional teams
- Continuously builds own and others capabilities
- Self-motivated and Driven
- Graduate Degree
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.