Position Overview:Partners with key internal stakeholders to provide regulatory solutions to support business growth. As guardian and assessor to ensure pragmatic compliance to regulatory and company policy/requirements. Leverage cross-functional relationships to maintain, enhance and develop relationships/networks with external experts, government agencies and NGOs to advance company positions to protect company's ingredients and products. Support to drive Innovation & commercialization focusing on ensuring compliance, providing scientific facts for ingredient/product benefits and supply chain development, especially for long term agricultural goods supply.
Function Specific Activities:
Governance: Company Standards and Regulatory Compliance- raw material, manufacturing, product, imported product and technical related communication
- New ingredients' application or registration by the government
- New ingredient and formula compliance review and approval via Picasso
- CCAP approval, including product claim review and dossier preparation;
- Product and BB labels' review and approval
Proactive engagement with key stakeholders such as regulators, KOLs, industry association, ILSI, institutes to promote safety and benefits of our ingredients and product, also to build favorable regulatory environment
- Keep close relationship with key stakeholders, including government officials and scientific experts
- Work through trade / industry / scientific organizations for development of regulatory regime that facilitates food business operations
- Monitoring all kinds of technical regulation's update and providing insight to Local Regulators based on international regulatory positions from Codex Alimentarius, developed markets, other reputable regulatory agencies
Provide innovation support to enable beverage for life
- Provide regulatory evaluation on safety and efficacy substantiation of new ingredients/functional ingredient/tea/herbal ingredient
- Early involvement in innovation process and provide new product concept review to cross function team.
- Support on ingredient/ product claim regulatory support
Support any related issue management together with IMCR team
Information collection, optimization, maintenance and sharing of:
- Local regulation
- Company Standard and Policy
- SRA Database/ Website: Tech Sharepoint, etc
- Develop system SME on food laws via training, sharing, etc.
- Develop SRA competence and capability to meet company long term goal
- Preferably 5 years SRA experience in Food / Beverage or related industry
- Familiar with Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau Food regulations, Nutritional ingredients and other food additives usage/application, Food / beverage development
- Strong project management capability to manage project time line via co-coordinating with marketing, R&D and CP in technical commercialization side
- Bachlor degree in Food Science/Engineering, Medical/Nutrition, Bio Chemistry or other equivalent qualification
- Excellent written and oral English & Chinese skills
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.