Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
This is an Entertainment Marketing lead role with responsibility for crafting branded entertainment and content strategies across the portfolio of Sparking, Still and VEB brands. This individual will lead the strategy, identification, negotiation and management of talent and asset partnerships which ultimately drive brand health and profit through a strategic partnership portfolio. The Director, Entertainment Marketing is a key cross functional thought leader and collaborator who provides influence and expertise across celebrity talent, influencers, film, television, product placement/integration, fashion, fitness, culinary, lifestyle partnerships and more.
This position works closely with the Content team to expand the reach of stories we tell for our brands as well as other critical business partners such as Connections, Public Relations, Public Affairs and Communications, Business Affairs, Legal, customer teams and more. This role also has indirect supervision of cross functional colleagues who are working on entertainment projects as well as supervision of an agency team.
This role has leadership and influence over entertainment partner plans and integration across brand plans, making decisions on the daily activation and output of entertainment partnerships that support the brand campaigns.
- Strategic leadership in the identification and development of entertainment initiatives and innovation for National campaigns including television, print, digital, social media, promotions, customer, experiential, influencer and experiential marketing. (25%)
- Lead, identify, gain internal consensus, influence critical decisions across key constituents for celebrity talent and partnerships across entertainment verticals (celebrity talent, cultural influencers, film, television, product placement/integration, fashion, fitness, food etc.). Negotiation lead and face of the Company with top level executives in the entertainment industry. (25%)
- Subject matter expert and cross functional leader who successfully implements, branded entertainment initiatives and innovation across content, brand, media, legal, PAC, business affairs, finance , retail, sales, customer, and more. (25%)
- Key leader and stakeholder in the management of multi-million dollar celebrity partnerships, cultural influencers and key entertainment sponsorships, properties, events and industry relationships on behalf of the Company. (15%)
- Analyze media and entertainment landscape, market trends and competitor activity to identify, advocate and implement new innovation and business development opportunities. Deliver new solutions and positive change across all lines of business by bringing the right analysis, consulting, and delivery, while driving a “how can I add value” approach to partnership. (10%)
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES / SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both individually and in a team environment operating in a fast, complex environment that is constantly changing
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely; able to tailor communications to the size and nature of the audience
- Ability to identify, document and gain senior business management support for strategic initiatives
- Strategy development and stewardship of marketing plans, budget and activation inclusive of competitive landscape analysis.
- Financial acumen, diligence and analysis
- Entertainment Industry experience
- Relationship Management
- Broad system influencing skills
- Problem solving
- Delivers results
- Consumer Focus
- Marketing research media
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10 or more years of related entertainment, marketing and media experience.
- Strategic negotiation, program development and activation.
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.