Position Overview:Provides thought leadership to the Commercial organization in shaping direction the Sparkling category will take in the marketplace to deliver accelerated revenue and profit growth.
Key responsibilities include:
o Lead the development of a multi-year Brand OBPPC (Occasion, Brand, Price, Package, Channel) by providing expertise on the price and packaging elements
o Partners with Brand, Commercial and Sales Leadership to develop and quantify annual Sparkling commercial strategy
o Responsible for the development of a consumer driven retail price strategy for the category that informs the trade spend management.
o Partners with Sales to ensure that customer teams implement commercial planning & pricing assumptions
o Responsible for business case evaluation of all category specific business initiatives
Function Specific Activities:
Annual Brand/Commercial Business Plan Development:
- Partners with Sparkling Commercial Operations and Channel Leadership to lead the development of commercial plans across all package formats for the category
- Responsible for leading a cross-functional team in identifying and sizing all Sources of Growth for annual business planning
- Lead Rate/Mix Strategy for Annual Planning.
- Stewards the initial inclusion of all assumptions into planning tools
- Supports Category Finance and Brand teams with RGM support through the Annual Business Planning Process
- Supports the development of a consumer-driven retail price strategy
- Crafts direction on price changes by market, channel and packages
- Partners on the creation of Category Trade Letters which allow customer teams to execute against the category pricing strategy
- Responsible for recommending most effective promotional strategies to maximize return on trade dollars
- Lead uncovering additional revenue and profit pools to exceed business plans through pricing strategies.
- Partner with bottler on out of plan investment requiring trade board alignment.
OBPPC Development and Management:
- Supports RGM Director in the development of multi-year OBPPC (Occasion/Brand/Price/Package/Channel) with category specific expertise
- Supports initiatives against “white space” identification - works with marketing on development of package opportunities against price tiers & channels (driven by brand strategy & occasions)
- Develop package & promotion recommendations against opportunities - modelling scenarios of price plans by channel and proposed DNNSI, partners with Finance on COGS, and Profit assumptions, vet ideas for commercial feasibility, quantify options & build business case
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- 5-10 years' experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages
- Experience in developing business plans / business cases; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Deep understanding of Sales/Customers
- Understanding of P&L levers & value chain modeling. Finance experience is an asset.
- Business experience across the system (bottler and CCL) and/or channels - e.g., large store, small store, and Foodservice/On Premise channels; wholesalers.
- Experienced in developing Pricing & Promotion structures
- Experience and comfort working directly with senior leaders; aligning senior execs w/ differing perspectives
- Collaborating with brand/category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships at all organizational levels
- Growth Mindset.
- 8+ years' experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Finance, Commercial or Analytics Experience
- Customer/Sales management experience
- Extremely strong analytical skills - ability to draw insights and actions from data; ability to develop volumetric & financial models that can accommodate multiple inputs from diverse data sources and be used for scenario planning
- Extensive experience with price/package/promotion plan development & analytics
- Ability to lead complex analytical exercises/projects and which lead to actionable direction within the marketplace
- Ability to work with OST/Nielsen
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact our HR Shared Service team by calling 1-877-677-6774. Coca-Cola Limited will consult with all applicants with a disability who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicants individual accessibility needs.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.