Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Our mission: To become our customer's #1 resource by leading with technology, executing flawless modular work, and delivering actionable insights.
We are looking for the right person to provide category analytic support for the world's largest customer, for the world's greatest beverage company. This person will be fluent in data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau), Alteryx, and JDA Space Planning. Experience in JDA Planogram Generator a plus. This person will speak up in meetings, challenge the status quo, and share their own ideas. This will be a person who, when taught the drivers of category growth (preferably the marketing mix is already understood), can apply next generation analytical approaches and technology to automate the well-known, discover the unknown, and translate their discoveries into pragmatic application. We are looking to revolutionize a static and traditional industry and need someone with both capability and courage. Respectfully questioning everything is both acceptable and encouraged.
A critical role for our company, this position is responsible for providing customer-centric, category-level guidance for both Walmart and Sam's Club, supporting our Category Advisors, and supporting modular work. Successfully meeting these objectives will assure Coca-Cola maintains our current position with our customer as an objective category consultant. This role will specialize in leveraging trends and insights to uncover business opportunities which grow both category sales and our customer's market share.
- Provide analytic support for our team of category advisors, with a focus on supporting Sam's Club
- Use advanced analytical tools such as Tableau and Alteryx to maintain established workflows as well as infuse new ideas and improve upon those established workflows
- Create, automate and disseminate next generation business intelligence, informing customer business decisions
- Develop processes and tools which aid in identifying and delivering actionable, fact-based category recommendations
- Work with Shopper Insights and Space Management teams to develop valuable category recommendations
- Manage and utilize proprietary Coca-Cola tools and resources to achieve precision analysis of business and category trends
- Produce weekly customer reports
- Nimbly adapt as customer needs change while delivering timely support requests
- Experience creating disruptive innovation that streamlines processes and allows for focus on the work that matters most
- Proven history of innovation and continuous improvement in advanced analytics
- Demonstrated bias toward leveraging latest technologies to modernize current category management practices
- Expert-level capability in advanced retail analytics tools like Tableau, Alteryx, and JDA Space Planning, with JDA Planogram Generator experience preferred
- Skilled translation and presentation of data, applied mathematics and reasoning into concise, pragmatic and relevant stories easily understood
- Significant experience with syndicated data sources (Nielsen, IRI, etc.) preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Successful candidates will possess:
- Insatiable curiosity
- Familiarity with failure, but never comfortable with it
- Selfless, team-oriented predisposition
- Willingness to respectfully challenge conventional thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Proactive engagement in critical business matters
- Ability to work smart first, but also willing to work hard as needed
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.