Position Overview:This role, through a blend of art & science, provides the Business Unit (BU) with holistic, synthesized insights that influence both planning & ongoing decision making across the BU, answering questions like how to improve marketplace performance, what the key drivers of brand consumption are, what marketing levers the BU can utilize to drive performance.
An objective business partner, analyzing appropriate data sources to generate insights across consumer, shopper, category, conducting research, while helping to test & learn new approaches to generate competitive advantage for the BU, e.g. in areas such as white space opportunities, brand health, effectiveness of communications, brand positioning, new product testing, marketing spend optimization, uncovering unconscious drivers of choice.
• Requires in depth analytical capabilities, an ability to synthesize large amount of information to extract 2nd order insights.
• Requires knowledge of consumer, shopper, channel, etc. research methodologies, and be able to partner with the right agencies to deliver insights for decision making.
• Success in the role relies on engagement with key stakeholders across all facets and levels of the organization
Function Specific Activities:
1) Support broader business strategy through in-depth understanding of SEABU's markets, challenges & opportunities
· Work closely with teams across SEABU - Franchise, Marketing, Customer & Commercial, Technical as support for business decisions
· Partner with the Business Planning & Performance Insights Teams to deliver analyses that support key planning & performance routines
· Partner with Head of K&I and Heads of S&I in the franchises to uncover insights-led POV on strategic consumer opportunities that are currently untapped by the System that can generate new volume and profit growth areas (e.g. high growth beverage categories, unmet consumer need states)
· Deliver monthly state of the business insights across share, brand health, etc
· Deliver adhoc projects, analysing & synthesizing internal & external, qualitative & quantitative, primary & secondary information to generate insights that drive decision making
· Maintain a system lens, applying knowledge of bottler perspective to provide richer insights
2) Conduct research to provide insights & recommendations for VEB, large scale innovation
· Partner with VEB & Innovation teams to scope opportunity areas and deliver consumer insights to support venturing or cross-BU scaled innovation
· Brief and manage the right partner agencies to conduct and deliver recommendations to support VEB and cross-BU innovations
3) Work with Head K&I and with K&I team in Franchises to test and adopt new research methodologies that provide deeper insights and hence higher value for the BU
· Provide recommendations to upgrade quality of insights & approaches that allow for better decision making
· Keep a pulse on advances in research & insights methodologies, and help pilot approaches that deliver deeper insights, e.g. implicit research, behavioural science etc
· Understand market dynamics to support the recommendation of right-sized, market relevant approaches to insights generation e.g. simpler versions of market variance analysis, local solutions for deeper insights into traditional channels
4) Work with Head of K&I to build insights capabilities both within BU & Franchise K&I team, and key clients across Marketing, Innovation, and Customer & Commercial
· Support onboarding of brand, customer, S&I and other teams on insights tools, methodologies and applicability for solving various business challenges
· Manage local insights portal S&I Connect, to ensure it's a good repository for relevant, up to date insights
· Participate in K&I Community among BU K&I practitioners, contributing to cohesion & strong sense of community
5) Partner closely with Franchise S&I Leads & their K&I teams to deliver on Franchise priorities
· Maintain deep knowledge of key data delivery tools & platforms (via Nielsen, Trac, BGS, BMI, Canadean, etc), and serve as the BU expert on retail / consumer / shopper data sources, types, definitions, applications, delivery timing, limitations, etc
· Analyse data from these tools and platforms to provide insights that support decision making
· Manage annual Industry Estimates exercise on behalf of the Business UNit
· Support delivery of global protocols including product testing, advertising pre-testing (LINK), brand & category health / reputation using BGS etc
6) Help manage strategic vendors & agencies to ensure we engage the best providers for our business need, deliver ongoing improvement of service levels & improving quality of output
Relevant experience in either research agencies, in-house insights functions, strategy consulting, or other analysis-heavy fields
Minimum 8 yrs
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.