Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Coca-Cola Company is expanding our in-house creative team, KO:OP. KO:OP is a high profile, and transformational creative agency that generates both content and revenue. The Company is prepared for, and expects, KO:OP to grow exponentially over the next two to three years and needs a dynamic Creative Director to help lead and nourish the overall growth of creative competencies and output.
This individual will lead The Coca-Cola Company's in-house creative team, shaping solutions across a broad range of content.
This person will manage a diverse creative team of art directors, designers, production artists, copywriters and other creative partners across creative disciplines.
Along with proven people leadership skills, this person will possess strategic and creative acumen and will demonstrate ‘hands-on' creative leadership and execution skills. S/he will play a critical role in building a strong creative community to inspire and encourage a creative, collaborative culture that will explore new ways of working and developing innovative content for The Coca-Cola Company.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED…
- 12 or more years advertising agency experience in a creative role.
- Share examples where you have pushed creative boundaries and demonstrate where you have explored new territories.
- Be a strategic big thinker and contribute to big ideas but also comfortable and able to push the work to the finish line.
- Be an exceptional storyteller and have an engaging presentation style.
- Good knowledge of advertising publications, blogs, platforms, agencies and players that demonstrate you are abreast of the creative industry.
- Have in place, or the ability to build, a wide-reaching creative network.
- An entrepreneurial approach to creative problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Tackle uncomfortable issues, head-on.
TO BE ABLE TO LEAD
- Demonstrate creative leadership including, but not limited to, inspiring and influencing both superiors and direct reports.
- Have the ability to excite, inspire and provide guidance to a diverse creative team of art directors, designers, production artists, copywriters and other creative partners across disciplines.
- Assume a role in leading and presenting creative strategies and creative concepts rooted in consumer understanding.
- Share case studies where you have collaborated effectively and led teams.
- Be able to make decisions and provide clear direction in a deadline driven environment.
- Be respected by others for the manner in which you carry out your role.
TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills including the ability to summarize and convey complex briefs in a compelling, engaging and simple way. Make persuasive presentations to senior management, internal and external partners.
- The ability to build creative capabilities and share knowledge in an inspiring way.
- Direct, co-create, and manage the creative output from the team.
- The ability to navigate and direct the team and partners in a clear and timely manner.
- Manage and build our creative network.
WHAT WOULD ALSO BE USEFUL
- Juggle: The ability to lead and supervise multiple projects at any one time.
- “Always On” attitude: Irregular hours may be required around concept debut and key deadlines across the project schedule.
- Travel: up to 20%
- Language: Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.