Position Overview:A career at Coca-Cola South Pacific is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It's more than working for the global beverage leader; it's an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts the world. From our product portfolio to the planet itself, we offer you not only the chance to build a successful career -- we offer you an opportunity to make a difference in the world.
As a global icon and keeper of the world's most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of Coca-Cola South Pacific.
Function Specific Activities:
This role is responsible for ensuring compliance with Internal KO and external statutory reporting and requirements for Australia and New Zealand. This includes accurate and timely reporting to corporate and external stakeholders, preparation of Income Tax, FBT and GST returns and preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Preparation of tax returns (GST, FBT & Income Tax) for the business, both Australian and New Zealand entities.
- Preparation on the Country by Country (“CbyC”) report for Australia,
- Preparation of the Statutory Accounts for both Australian and New Zealand entities in accordance with local GAAP.
- Prepare SOX narratives pertaining to the aforementioned processes.
- Liaising with the Financial Services Manila Hub team & Corporate Accounting on accounting issues.
- Comply with the month-end and year-end closing calendar, process & review routines to ensure all transactions are captured on a monthly basis.
- Manage the capex and RFA reporting submissions required for budget and actual reporting for both Australia and New Zealand.
- Prepare quarterly and annual supplementary reporting forms (Leases, Payments to Govt Officials, Purchase obligations etc).
- Point of contact related for all tax related issues.
- Ensure proper documentation, communication and implementation of all relevant company policies and procedures and support the implementation, compliance with and periodic review / amendment of the LCOA, Release Strategies & DOA.
- Ensure that fixed assets are capitalized on a timely basis and that the FA verification physical count is conducted at least once a year based on the latest FA register.
- South Pacific Legal Entity Controller
- BU Finance department
- Regional Controller
- Financial Services Manila
- Corporate Tax
- External tax advisors - Deloitte, PwC and Ernst & Young
- External Audit - Ernst & Young
- Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- Inland Revenue - New Zealand
Education & Experience Required
- 5 years of finance related experience
- Finance qualifications (e.g. CPA).
- Knowledge of tax and statutory requirements for both Australia and New Zealand.
Skills & Abilities (Technical & Soft Skill)
- Good accounting systems experience/knowledge - preferable SAP
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Good communication skills
Data Capture (Medium) - Ensuring journal vouchers and tax entries are accurate and complete.
Communication (High) - Articulate when dealing with the local regulatory authorities. Also need to be confident when communicating with the business, regarding changes to tax and statutory reporting requirements. Regular contact with Corporate Tax in Atlanta.
Attention to details (High) - Important factor when dealing with Government agencies, to ensure that the data being captured and then submitted is accurate and compliant with local tax and statutory requirements.
Analysis (Medium) - Understanding of how changes in tax and accounting standards will impact the local business and reporting requirements. Ensure compliance with TCCC policies and procedures and follow-thu with SOX review. Understanding of the accounting processes and how they impact the financial statements of the business, regular monthly review and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
- Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
- Act Like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- Develops Self and Others: Develop self and support others' development to achieve their full potential
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.