Job Description Summary
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:May 27, 2019
Job Description Summary:Performs a variety of legal activities to protect the organization's reputation and business interests; ensures compliance with all relevant laws and regulations; provides legal advice within area of expertise; interprets case law, court reports and regulations to prepare technical reports; provides legal contracts and other documents related to a variety matters (e.g. acquisitions, employment contracts etc.); reviews public statements from a legal standpoint; represents the organization in legal proceedings before courts or other authorities. Individual contributor who guides others in resolving complex issues in specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures; works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Function-Related Activities/Key Accountabilities
- Advice and counsel to CCNA staff and leadership related to Product Supply matters, Franchise Leadership matters, Customer matters, and Marketing matters; interaction with and advice to Franchise Leadership personnel regarding matters affecting CCNA's relationships with its bottlers; discussions and agreements regarding data sharing among CCNA, bottlers, and cross-bottler entities such as Coca-Cola Bottlers' Sales and Services (CCBSS), Customer Business Solutions (CBS), CONA, and National Product Supply Group.
- Support the counsel to the National Product Supply Group Board and leadership regarding NPSG governance and decisions and Board conduct and governance.
- Interaction with legal counsel for US bottlers and other system entities, including NPSG member companies, cross-bottler entities, and the Coca-Cola Bottlers' Association.
- Drafting and negotiating customer agreements with National Retail and National Foodservice customers. Working with the Commercial Contracting team as necessary to implement procurement and other buy-side agreements handled by that team.
- Providing creative and strategic legal advice and support for varied areas of law - corporate/commercial, procurement, marketing, antitrust, litigation assessment and support.
- Indirect management and review of the work of paralegals.
- Training and education of business associates, both live and remote.
- Accredited US Law degree or equivalent; strong academic results
- Qualified to practice law in Georgia or other appropriate US jurisdiction
Related Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the practice of law, preferably in areas of corporate/commercial, complex transactions, and/or litigation
- Experience from excellent law firm and/or large in-house department
- Knowledge of the Coca-Cola bottling system and product supply matters a strong preference
- Experience with providing legal support for digital media, including media planning and buying preferred
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements, including professional sports agreements, preferred
- Marketing/advertising law experience, a plus
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate sound legal advice and analysis, including alternative business solutions and best practices while taking into account Company objectives and risks to the business.
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation: Ability to synthesize business terms and incorporate legal protections into a binding and effective agreement. Ability to effectively negotiate with counterparties to reach agreement to the benefit and protection of the Company.
- Ability to be highly organized and effective, handle multiple complex projects and carefully prioritize competing work assignments from many clients
- Strong communication skills, including written and presentation; ability to influence varied clients, up to and including senior executives; ability to communicate complex legal topics to all business clients
- Business-minded; understands that the best counsel are business people with law degrees
- Must be available to travel within the United States, and Internationally from time to time; approximately 10-15% of the time
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Apply Back to Top