Position Overview:This role is based in Atlanta and supports the development of Licensed product for the 4 Coca-Cola retail stores. This position will support the Director of Retail Merchandising in developing and executing a strategic assortment vision with a forward thinking, customer centric-approach, while delivering on revenue and profit objectives. This role requires the ability to leverage technical product expertise to identify opportunities and develop assortment strategies.
Function Specific Activities:
Summary of Responsibilities Required to Succeed:
- This individual is responsible for sourcing, developing, assorting and presenting the product line to meet both financial and Coca-Cola brand strategies.
- This strategic, results-oriented individual will lead in the creation of consumer-focused product assortments to drive revenue growth and profitability.
- Lead the product development process for multiple product categories, from concept through approval to final product.
- Work with diverse vendors across both Hardline and Softline categories to source and create the best product mix for the Coca-Cola Stores. Responsible for a wide SKU count across categories, so the work is challenging and varied.
- Plan profitable and trend relevant assortments using knowledge of guest shopping behavior, assortment requirements, trends and competitors.
Key Functional Skills:
Assortment Vision & Strategy:
- Understands the consumer and competitive marketplace and builds product strategies to pursue white space opportunities aligned to the Coca-Cola Store's overall vision.
- Develop pre-season assortment strategy, in partnership with Planner/Buyer counterpart, that ties to key Coca-Cola Store priorities.
- Competitive shops regularly to assess the market with respect to trends, white space opportunities, merchandising and product strategies. Reacts with speed to opportunities to ensure market leadership
- Builds pre-season sourcing strategies - establishes annual and seasonal partner plans for development and sourcing of product
- Makes sourcing decisions that satisfy the customer demand and achieves sales, turn and margin plan.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring line development activities by developing and following a seasonal time and action calendar for both Hardlines & Softlines. Serves as key point of contact with all retail licensees throughout development process, ensuring product qualities meet the highest standards.
- Builds development plans and visual line plans down to department, classification and style level applying analytics from Planner/Buyer counterparts.
- Responsible for communicating clear and comprehensive Design Briefs.
- Sources and negotiates business with vendors/licensees; oversees all aspects of product development and production.
- Knowledge of costing for Hardline and Softline product categories; responsible for costing to meet financial targets - negotiate with vendors/licensees to achieve results and identify gaps and opportunities. Identifies and resolves price/value conflicts.
- Lead Market appointments prepared with strategic assortment plans and an understanding of product to support customer preferences
- Ensure all products developed for Coca-Cola Stores meet Brand and Compliance standards, partnering with internal Brand Alignment and Compliance teams
- Identify gaps and opportunities in sourcing strategy and continuously looks for ways to enhance the sourcing model.
- Merchandises and edits product line to meet consumer needs and fit into the program and style plans.
- Partners with Planners/Buyers to develop and execute assortment strategy to meet financial targets
- Leverages products and product mix to elevate brand and drive revenue growth and
- Builds assortments and partners with Marketing team and Visual Coordinator to bring stories to life at retail in a compelling and relevant manner for the target consumer
- Partners with Licensing team to ensure Coca-Cola Stores feature best in class global Licensed products and limited time collaborations
- Cross-functional team leader and conduit between Design, Planning, Brand Alignment, Marketing and Visual; demonstrates end to end understanding of the value chain
- Must be able to travel up to 5 business days per trip. Minimum travel up 20% annually
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of experience in Retail Merchandising, Product Development, Buying. Experience in both Softline and Hardline categories preferred.
- Language: Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to influence.
- Ability to identify emerging trends and translate across the business.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.